Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

Her pores have bright highlights and deep shadows, as well as the small hairs on her face are lit up. You will have to dodge&burn each of these slightly to soften her face up.

Also remember that the clarity slider can be very harsh, even when making the smallest adjustments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

8th-snype posted:

Not everyone is in as big of a rush as you to cram a cock down their throat.

:drat: :boom:

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

You oversaturated the skintones while at the same time desaturating the shadows, that's the problem.

They also have highlights on their skin indicating sweat/oily skin. This would be fine for a shot of a boxer or athlete, but normal guys just end up looking goony. You'll have to fix that manually with light dodging/burning

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

I would move her slightly to the left but other than that looks good to me

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

Nice umbrella and purse there agent smith

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

If you crop that to 1:1 or portrait orientation you can get rid of both?

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

The portrait thread continues to be the opposite of the landscapes thread

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

The shape of the catch light looks gimmicky even before it could have a chance to become a fad. I'm sorry but even if the light you get from it is great, I would try to minimize that star in the eyes. It's simply distracting because it's the very first thing you notice. Like instead of the model or the product you just see a star and start wondering about why that star is there instead of a pupil. It might work for a very zany neon 80's theme though.

Try to shine the background light onto the background instead of through it, It doesn't have to be rgb 255*3 white, because you could fix that in post as long as you have a clearly defined subject. So don't do shallow dof, because having a model's nose out of focus is not great (as in the last photo) and also distracting, even if you do have her eyes in focus. Front facing close up portraits like that should have the facial features in focus and can have the hair and back of the head going out of focus if you are doing shallow dof.

I am quite drunk so I might only find out tomorrow if this si good advice or not

KinkyJohn fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Apr 22, 2016

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

I love it. You should probably let her out though.

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

Verman posted:

I find most maternity stuff on the same level as Russian wedding photography with the miniature groom photoshopped into weird scenes.

Holy gently caress you weren't kidding. Googling "Russian wedding photography" gives an endless font for the "I found the best photographer" thread.

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

That's some nice light you got there

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

Maybe the discoloration under her eyes need some slight touch up, but her eyes are fine

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

Great macro photography

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

imo the sepia version makes the subject stand out slightly more whereas the b&w one gets lost in the background? Disclaimer: I am not supporting the use of sepia in general

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

I only shoot weddings with a canon 500mm f4

Here's an idea: you have your second shooter in close with a wide angle, interacting with and posing people, while you hide in the neighboring property, taking photos with silky smooth backgrounds