Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DuckBOT
Sep 11, 2001

step off my grill, dog.
Just got a 430EX SpeedLite and 85mm f/1.8 prime (both for relatively cheap!).

This is a shot I took of my girlfriend while I was fooling around. I was bouncing the flash off the ceiling, and I know that bra strap is pretty distracting. Otherwise I think I did an OK job :).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DuckBOT
Sep 11, 2001

step off my grill, dog.
Messing around with some lighting and did a self-portrait. I do not smile. AB-400 in a softbox to the right of the camera, another bee on the left.

Full-size here.

DuckBOT
Sep 11, 2001

step off my grill, dog.
Just started getting my crappy little garage studio up and running, got a nice little network thing with this make-up artist through a buddy of mine and she wanted to do a couple test shots.

Click here for the full 500x720 image.

I adjusted the contrast and exposure slightly, I just don't know what constitutes a proper head shot.

Shot with a Canon 70-200 4/L @ f/8 - Lit with two strobes shooting through umbrella's to the sides and 1 strobe shooting through a softbox directly in front. I was thinking maybe adding a light for the hair, but I'm not quite sure how to do that with the space I have.

edit: :iamafag:

DuckBOT fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Feb 8, 2011

DuckBOT
Sep 11, 2001

step off my grill, dog.

Thoughts? Started with a softbox, then an umbrella off to the side, and topped it off with a strobe shooting up to the ceiling to provide some hair light.

DuckBOT
Sep 11, 2001

step off my grill, dog.
The strobe to the right was at full power, and it did fire which is why I'm confused it didn't light up the back part of the face. Strange, thanks for the comments.