Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

LuisX posted:

I don't really care if they ask, I actually show them the photos taken every 30-50 frames or so. They are usually very excited.

That's usually how I do it. I'm not going to stop constantly to show them, but every so often, I'll give them a peak and how it looks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004
I've read most of this thread as it's come along and I don't recall reading about this, but has anyone done any maternity shoots? A friend of mine has a friend that is looking to get them done and I offered to do them for her. I have some mental ideas from some maternity shots I've seen in the past, but I've never really seen a shoot set up or anything.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

AIIAZNSK8ER posted:

I did a crazy 80s aerobic themed maternity shoot. http://clients.paulchinjr.com/Portraits/pregorobics/11718807_Bm5tn#826949152_o2vVC I can't remember if it was my idea first or we did it together. You've got some pretty good experience lighting already, it shouldn't be too tough for you. What kind of ideas did you have?

It's probably really going to depend on her style, and I haven't met her yet, so that's going to be the kicker really. The photos I've seen that I've liked are more of the black and white, really shadowy, semi-racy type, but I've seen some cool environmental ones too. Hopefully I'll be meeting with her soon so I can get an idea of what she's like and work off that.

Oh and that 80's shoot is hilariously awesome.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

torgeaux posted:

Is this someone who is going to be comfortable around you? Some of the most effective maternity shots I've seen have been nude or close to it. The photo isn't necessarily that revealing, but the setup may be. If not, at least find out how much belly she's going to be willing to expose.

Yeah, that's what I meant by semi-racy. Like near nude in person, but not revealing in the photo. It's a friend of a friend that I don't know yet, so I have to meet her to see what she's thinking and what her general comfort level with her body is.