Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

echinopsis posted:

hmm maybe. with photos I can quite happily be content with the aesthetic alone, and I've seen photos on here that I have liked had holes poked in them that I never would have been concerned about, so I am quite content to continue to enjoy the photos I take, I don't need someone making me think I'm worse than I already know I am

:smugmrgw:

There is the chill thread if people want to post pictures with no pressure or feedback.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

With the clown theme I think the blue works. Although I agree the blacks are lifted too much IMO.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

bobmarleysghost posted:

It's fine that he does it, he likes it so who cares.

But it cannot be passed off as art, imo, it has stock footage energy. I personally dont get any inkling of anything interesting in the photos, it's just photos of a pretty woman.

He has the technical ability to operate a camera, and he has the potential to break through, I'm curious if it'll happen.

Why? It has intent, he is putting in effort to convey a feeling through them. Not liking his style isn't enough to just classify it as "not art".

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Health Services posted:

Here's one I took recently.

I really like this one. You've managed to catch a very mundane scene but something about the posture and the toes or perhaps because we can't see the torso gives the photo an almost creepy off feel to me ( no insult intended to your model).

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

For composition feedback

You've cut off the bottom partially, so I can see she's doing 'something' with her laces but I can't see them

Either include it, or cut the whole thing off, having it half in there is the worst of both.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

You should join forces with the guy with the big box

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

When it comes to GAS I feel portrait is one of the harder genres of photography to justify it.