Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luk3
Nov 25, 2005

Did some family portraits this weekend... not all that happy with the result. The weather seemed to turn to total poo poo the moment the family stepped out of their car, the wind really picked up, it started to snow and it became bitterly cold. Noone was dressed for the weather.

As a result I think the photos suffered, everyone was really tense, my hands were numb and to top it off, my remote triggers weren't working (turns out due to a problem with the sync cord of all things)... Anyway, here's probably the best picture to result... I could use some feedback on posing / composition / processing... I told the family I would be happy to reshoot this coming weekend since the weather will likely cooperate a little better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luk3
Nov 25, 2005

HPL posted:

You cut off a toe a wee bit. Might have rotated what I assume is your sister a little bit so she's not square-on with the camera. Clone out some of the snowflakes flying in front of the people. Should have had everyone wipe their feet before taking the photo as well.

Considering the conditions, you got them to look remarkably comfortable.

And I knew you were in Alberta as soon as you mentioned the weather.

Not my sister, these aren't relatives. I can bring the toe back in, there's a bit of room to work since it's a 8x10 crop. I agree about the feet thing, I didn't notice the snow on the shoes until afterwards...

If I get to do a reshoot on Saturday its supposed to be about 20 degrees (C) warmer, so that will be a positive. I'm happy you mentioned they look comfortable because that was my biggest concern.

Luk3
Nov 25, 2005

I haven't shot anything for a long time, been just really busy with work and life in general, so I brought the lights out and did a quick self portrait. I've been really wanting to make use of the vagabond power pack I bought, but I just haven't had the opportunity. I like the idea above of just going to a street corner and making it happen, I think I'll plan on doing that this summer.