Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Inspired by Curufin, a puffin picture from Hafnarholmi near Borgarfjörður Eystri on the East fjords of Iceland.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

This post isn't exactly a bird picture, but I noticed a lot more flickr hits than normal today and was excited to see that a popular travel blog had picked my puffin picture of a couple of pages back for their photo of the day.

http://www.gadling.com/2010/01/09/photo-of-the-day-01-09-09/

Just wanted to share with my goon bird photo buds, since I probably wouldn't have submitted it without the encouragement from this thread. :)

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Working through my backlog, but wanted to post this dude:

Fiery-Throated Hummingbird by The.Rohit, on Flickr

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Not a NatGeo picture, but I was pleased to have gotten a recognizeable picture of a quetzal.

Resplendent Quetzal, Monteverde Cloud Forest by The.Rohit, on Flickr

Resplendent Quetzal, Monteverde by The.Rohit, on Flickr

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Man, do I love hummingbirds. Going to try putting up a feeder to see if we can draw in many locally, but Ottawa probably isn't a hotspot.

Colibri Focus by The.Rohit, on Flickr