Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

William T. Hornaday
Nov 26, 2007

Don't tap on the fucking glass!
I swear to god I'll cut off your fucking fingers and feed them to the otters for enrichment.

TheCaptain posted:

Birds, birds, birds! I love Birds!

Any ID on this one? I believe it's some kind of heron.

Looks like an anhinga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

William T. Hornaday
Nov 26, 2007

I swear to god I'll cut off your fucking fingers and feed them to the otters for enrichment.

miasma blues posted:

Seagulls:

Didn't manage to meter and adjust in time, so the sky is totally blown.

gently caress the sky, they look great. I want to see what they look like in black and white.

William T. Hornaday
Nov 26, 2007

For some reason, birds like to face right when I take pictures of them.

Click here for the full 1024x681 image.

William T. Hornaday
Nov 26, 2007

I need some feedback on the composition of this shot, but haven't yet worked up the nerve to post it in PAD yet. It feels a bit unconventional, but if Andrew Zuckerman can do it why can't I? :v:

EDIT: I think I need to fix the exposure on it, for starters.

William T. Hornaday
Nov 26, 2007

Blue-Bellied Roller and African Pygmy Falcon.

William T. Hornaday
Nov 26, 2007

toppro posted:

Pelican (I think) at the coast this weekend.

A type of heron, I believe.

William T. Hornaday
Nov 26, 2007

Pogue_Mahone posted:

Going to the zoo to get shots is cheating. Fun though!

How so? A bird is a bird, as far as I'm concerned.

William T. Hornaday
Nov 26, 2007

Cattle Egret

Great Horned Owl

Double-Crested Cormorant

William T. Hornaday
Nov 26, 2007

All excited to try out my new 7D with its 8 frames per second and 19-point autofocus — turns out, neither of which are worth jack if you can't frame the drat photo properly. :suicide:

Whatever happened to that thread where you post your missed shots so that everyone else can feel sorry for you?

William T. Hornaday
Nov 26, 2007

Rot posted:

Can someone identify this guy?

Victoria Crowned Pigeon.

William T. Hornaday
Nov 26, 2007

Double-crested cormorant, it looks like.

William T. Hornaday
Nov 26, 2007

BetterLekNextTime posted:

Either that or "Welcome to Crop-land"

You receive a bonus point.

William T. Hornaday
Nov 26, 2007

The discussion in the Rules thread seems to encourage cross-posting, so here goes.

William T. Hornaday
Nov 26, 2007

White-Cheeked Turaco

William T. Hornaday
Nov 26, 2007

American White Pelican by William T Hornaday, on Flickr

William T. Hornaday
Nov 26, 2007

Cattle Egret by William T Hornaday, on Flickr

William T. Hornaday
Nov 26, 2007

It was like three years ago, but I think I had Andrew Zuckerman in mind when I framed it that way. I dunno.

William T. Hornaday
Nov 26, 2007

Yeah, pretty sure you owe us version of that GIF in reverse now.

William T. Hornaday
Nov 26, 2007

Blue-Crowned Laughingthrush by William T Hornaday, on Flickr

William T. Hornaday
Nov 26, 2007

Plush-Crested Jay by William T Hornaday, on Flickr

Rhinocerous Hornbill by William T Hornaday, on Flickr

William T. Hornaday
Nov 26, 2007

I'd guess that it's stuffed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

William T. Hornaday
Nov 26, 2007

InternetJunky posted:

Work has been killing my ability to get out and shoot lately so I've resorted to going back through some old photos from this winter.

Feeling a little heavy on the contrast and saturation.