Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DaJe
Feb 3, 2008
Unfortunately, this is the best shot I've gotten of a bird (cropped down to show just the bird). Shot this with my D80 and 70-300VR.

Click here for the full 1279x935 image.

Overly sharpened, poor quality, and just overall doesn't look very good to me. It wasn't necessarily the best scene, but hey, it was a bald eagle. What sucks is that it seems like I could have maybe gotten a better shot out of it. The pose was great, but the rest of the scene, with the dead looking tree, just didn't seem that great.

So aside from that, I have yet to get a decent bird shot. A lot of it is time consuming, with just waiting for the right time to take the shot. I haven't tried getting any birds in a while, but this thread got me a little interested to try it out. All I really have around here are a bunch of little birds, which might be hard for me to get close enough to. I'll just keep practicing though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU