Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TigerMoJo
Mar 11, 2008

I startled this guy (and he startled me)when I was taking photos of construction at a dam. He flew right over me and I just started snapping. I'm glad I got one shot where his wings weren't cut off. Now I kind of want to go back and get more pictures of herons and cranes. I've always been impressed by them. I'd love to shoot birds more often.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TigerMoJo
Mar 11, 2008

That close up duck is awesome, I just wish we could see his full reflection.

Some birds at the Dallas World Aquarium. Does it count if they're not in the wild?

Click here for the full 1612x1640 image.

Click here for the full 1864x1264 image.

TigerMoJo
Mar 11, 2008

KingColliwog posted:

The first one is interesting since he looks funny. It's pretty sharp and everything, you did good considering the lighting that probably sucked (noise is a give away)

You missed the focus on the second one in my opinion, I would have liked his eyes/face to be sharp. Once again low light must not have helped with that. Shooting indoor is a bitch!

Yeah the light was a battle and shooting through scratched Plexiglas. A couple more came out but those were the ones I liked the most, I guess because of the pretty green.

On this shot you can really see the glass:
Click here for the full 743x1112 image.

That bird is in the same cage as the first green one.

This guy is pretty cool but still lots of noise:
Click here for the full 1000x1504 image.

TigerMoJo
Mar 11, 2008

KingColliwog posted:

oh god, you had to shoot through plexiglass too, then you did a better job than I thought. Are they trying to make the place photographer proof?

Yeah, I was a little pissed. I was hoping to really get some fun shots of exotic birds. I mean I knew the fish would be tough but I thought they'd have more birds out in the open.

TigerMoJo
Mar 11, 2008

ricepaddydaddy posted:

Can anyone ID this Quail? Taken in Outback NSW, Australia

Looks like a franklin. I saw them a lot growing up in Hawaii. At least that's what we always called them.

Edit: I googled it and apparently it's spelled francolin.

TigerMoJo fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Feb 7, 2010