Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

so does everyone else have a thousand photos in the genre of "better take a pic of that big bird in case it's an eagle or someth---nope just a vulture"?

or my other favorite: "picture of a red leaf I thought might be a cardinal"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

I was downtown taking pictures of buildings a little while back and saw this guy coming up the river just in time to snap a few shots. Was not prepared at all so I'm pretty happy that it came out as well as it did

Didn't even notice the fish until I pulled up the photos and quietly shouted "gently caress yeah!" when I saw it

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

torgeaux posted:

Our brief visit from the Evening Grosbeaks has begun.

Evening Grosbeaks by B. B., on Flickr

lotta good birds on this page but these are particularly great

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

love the colors in that one

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

shoutout to this Kingfisher who was kind enough to fly up and down a river for half an hour letting me take neat pics:

plus an extra shoutout to Ronnie who saw me taking bird photos and led me to this handsome fellow:

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Bottom Liner posted:

cozy

cool

What focal length are you using? I've toyed with picking up an old EF in the 500-600mm range relatively cheaply and putting it on my r6 and r7. I'm thinking 500 might be the sweet spot since that gets me 500/800 on the full frame/crop while still being decently light enough to put in a bag.

those were all with the RF100-500mm, and the last one was with the 1.4x extender on an R7 and heavily cropped, being at the top of a giant sycamore and me having to stand waaay back to find an angle

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

well drat, when it rains owls it pours. taking the dog out tonight and walking towards a little tree out back, thinking "is that a big leaf?... are those ears...? did that just move? oh poo poo!":

Fellatio del Toro fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Feb 17, 2024

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

oh cool a hawk, hold up --

Fellatio del Toro fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Mar 5, 2024

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

majour333 posted:

That hawk has a look in its eye saying that was a tough meal.

yeah I only got that cause I heard him screeching his head off two yards over and grabbed my camera

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

went back to check on this guy only to find a USURPER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

sitting out back, not much going on but a few robins. ive got more than enough robin photos, but this guy came up close so lets try for some action shots i guess

turns out robins are jurassic park for ants