Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slo-Tek
Jun 8, 2001

WINDOWS 98 BEAT HIS FRIEND WITH A SHOVEL

diarrhea for girls posted:

I was |   | close to getting some nice Pileated Woodpecker shots (those things are huge!) but while I was moving extra slowly to get into position it took off. Argh, I hate that. I'm going to have to go all out and deck myself out in camo next time, haha.

Looking forward to those. Here is my "this close" picture. I walked half a mile into the sun to get a picture of this bird, and just as I rounded his tree, he took off. I took three pictures, this one, and two of his back.

10 feet and 1 minute more is all I needed. Didn't get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slo-Tek
Jun 8, 2001

Eastern Bluebird, I think.

Also saw a Northern Shoveler, which was new to me, but the picture wasn't much account.

Slo-Tek
Jun 8, 2001

There are many woodduck pictures like this woodduck picture, but this one is mine.

Slo-Tek
Jun 8, 2001

Pestering the wood ducks again:

Slo-Tek
Jun 8, 2001

Think this is a Brown Thrasher. Decently big animal, not afraid of anything.

Slo-Tek
Jun 8, 2001

Got eaten by a pelican today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slo-Tek
Jun 8, 2001

Few that I already threw up in Critterquest, but I'm reasonably pleased with from this season.

Brown Thrasher with a Cicada Nymph

thrashercicada by RReiheld, on Flickr

Redwing Blackbirds are pretty much easy-mode, they ain't afraid of poo poo, so you can walk within 10' of them.

redwing by RReiheld, on Flickr

Downy(?) woodpecker out in the out, rather than at a suet feeder.

downey by RReiheld, on Flickr

Havn't managed to get anything really close of the Orioles or Indigo Buntings that are in the swamp park, but I remain optimistic.