Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR
When I was in Peru I often found that my 70-200 was enough. A lot of birds would let you get real close if you were careful enough not to startle them.

Anhima cornuta:

A pelican of some sort:

Would appreciate an ID on any of these:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

theflyingexecutive posted:

Oh man that third one is twice as good as your first one.

:rimshot:

InternetJunky posted:

drat, how close were you? EXIF says 135mm f/2, but that sure is some bokays.

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

BeastOfExmoor posted:

These appear to be cutouts of Audobon's paintings superimposed on actual photographs? I don't get it (but I am amazed I recognized Audobon's style right off the bat).

It's a comment on the dichotomy between old and new ways that people vicariously experience wildlife.

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Rot posted:

And these guys, hanging out on a lake in the Amazon:

IMG_1105.jpg by Brian.M.K, on Flickr

If anyone could identify them I'd be super happy. All my notes (as well as other, more serious, poo poo) got stolen during that trip.

That's the hoatzin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Pukestain Pal posted:

oh give me a break. I don't think anyone on here really needs to explain dof. obviously someone wanted to waste their money and change my avatar.

Oh give me a break. I don't think anyone else on here really thought this was a good post to make 8 hours after Dread Head explained what made his shot different.

Pukestain Pal posted:

photography 101