Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

Sup Bird Photographing goons! :cheers: I've been dabbling in all kinds of photography for about a year and a half now, including birds. The best tele lens I can afford is the Nikon 55-200mm VR. Not a particularly good lens for birding, I know, but I'm poor. So

Western Scrub Jay

A Hummingbird nurses its baby.

He later tried to fly, and failed... Cute, but kinda sad...

Some sort of sparrow on a rock looking at the landscape.

Common Raven in flight

Some shots from San Diego Zoo's Wild Animal Park, which I know is kind of cheating, since you can get a lot closer and the birds don't spook as easily, but I still like em. It's good practice for every thing else but stalking them though (framing, focus, etc)
Demoiselle Crane

Western Burrowing Owl

White Breasted Cormorants

I shoot a D60 so I'm kind of limited in the lenses I can use while maintaining a level of ease of use. I have some MF glass, but the combination of no metering and my suckage w/ manual focusing means that my good shot yield is abysmal. Does anyone else shoot with the 55-200mm VR or similar? I was considering checking out the Sigma 70-300mm APO, also because of its 1:2 macro focusing ability, but I don't know if it's really worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU