Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ingraman
Jul 6, 2005
Arrogant bastard
Where do you guys live where you can get all these great shots of pelicans/egrets/herons? The ones here in MA all seem to fly away at the slightest movement. This is as close as I got to a heron with a 500mm lens:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ingraman
Jul 6, 2005
Arrogant bastard

scottch posted:

I was only able to find gulls again today, but they at least make shooting at 200mm look good with minimal cropping.

I like these a lot. I always find bird photos more interesting when the background is nice/provides color contrast, even if the bird is relatively small in the picture.

Anyhow, I'm starting to see more birds in the Northeast again:

Ingraman fucked around with this message at 03:29 on May 2, 2010