Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Munchee
Jun 7, 2006
EAT BEES

jackpot posted:

Mostly I'm finding that bird photography is all about the heartbreaking and hilarious missed-it-by-that-much poo poo like this:

this exactly.

Click here for the full 968x827 image.

Click here for the full 928x825 image.

Click here for the full 952x791 image.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Munchee
Jun 7, 2006
EAT BEES

jackpot posted:

From the way these are overexposed and blurry, I'd almost bet money that you were on aperture priority and the camera decided to slow things way down to catch the waning light. I used to use Av all the time, now I hardly trust it at all, it's cost me too many good photos.

actually, I moved to take these from a bridge and I (woefully) forgot to account for the beautiful evening sun streaming under it. talk about sadness when I uploaded those ones..

Munchee
Jun 7, 2006
EAT BEES
I went to the zoo, which is totally cheating

Click here for the full 1382x922 image.

it's way overblown, but I love the kid's expression in the background

Click here for the full 898x921 image.

and my personal favorite, disdainstork and his teddy bear

Munchee
Jun 7, 2006
EAT BEES
I thought you guys would enjoy this - one lucky SOB featured in the Daily Mail:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1258110/Amazing-moment-bald-eagle-chases-catches-starling-mid-air.html

Click here for the full 964x650 image.