Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mongoose Face
Jan 16, 2008

sure they are just guys waving there guns around but that is what people are going to go watch
This weekend I went out and stayed at a friend's place to see a concert, it's a train ride away so it was a full weekend thing. I'm living with my parents at the moment (student life, yay) so they agreed to pick me up from the train station when I got back.

I got off the train, and my mother, father and brother were waiting for me at the platform with one of those square canvas bags they're substituting for shopping bags now. I didn't think twice about it until my dad handed me the bag - and this was inside!

Click here for the full 800x532 image.

A Chihuahua X Jack Russell (not sure what you guys call Jack Russell's in the states) and she's seven weeks old - about a week too young in my opinion but my parents tell me they could buy her then or the breeder would sell her to someone else. I named her Laurie after the Watchmen character, I'm a comic fan and it was that, Harley or Evey, but hopefully she won't sleep with all the other dogs like her namesake. My brother suggested Jackie or Haley after the actor (because she's so tiny) but by then I'd made up my mind.

Click here for the full 400x601 image.

My parents decided to get her for me after seeing one of those stories on TV about the pet therapy they're using with Autistic kids now, and my mother read the book A Friend Like Henry and she was pretty much sold on the idea. I'm not Autistic, but I have Borderline Personality Disorder and they thought maybe it could help me stay calm and manage mood swings. My mother put it as living in a world where I constantly live with paranoia when it comes to my friends, and it would be 'nice to have one friend you'll never doubt.'

Tricks include: Confusing the hell out of my cat, chewing on anything she can find, barking at the carpet, eating my hair, tug of war, licking inside my ears, having cute puppy dreams, waking herself up from said puppy dreams by barking and peeing on my bed. (My fault for letting her sleep with me.)

She's literally the same size as my foot (although I have big feet) but tough as nails and will climb/leap off anything to get to me. Luckily I sleep on a futon on the floor so it's not too much of a stretch for her little legs. We actually have to get her a smaller food dish because when she eats she has to put her front paws in the bowl and her back legs will dangle in the air. :3

She's the most amazingly loving little thing and I can't thank my parents enough for the surprise. It hasn't been more than a week and she already comes when I call her (not anyone else,) cries when I leave her alone, nearly has a fit in excitement when I come home and will only go to sleep if she's close to me. Maybe separation anxiety is something we'll have to work on later, but for now I love it.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread