Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Cake, is it a drug, or is it simply a delicious chocolatey piece of heaven?
I am waiting to get the materials to make the best cage and playpen ever for 3 lucky guinea-pigs, but it's going to have to wait until early next year, sadly.

Instead, let me introduce to you to my sister's pets, sadly two of them are deceased, but all of them have had fantastic lives in a big house with a massive garden and plenty of walks.

First up, Ash. He was put down earlier this year as he was in too much pain - he was an old, stinky man who had a nasty habit of finding out who you were by sticking his extra-long nose right in your crotch and huffing. I loved the beast but seriously, his breath could have stripped paint off the walls. He was the best dog if you wanted a big oval track laid out on the beach - as soon as he got there, he was away.

Next up is Honk (named by my nephew) - he was kept in an acre field of his own. There was a Mrs Honk and many mini-Honks but being in the countryside, there were also many Mr Foxes around, and one day after about 14 years, he just gave up - his wife and all his children were gone, and he got depressed. This is from the last time I saw him - I was one of the few he allowed to get close, I used to chatter with him every time I visited. I knew I wouldn't see him again, he looked so sad. I cried when my sis told me he'd been taken by the foxes.

Lastly, this muppet (Tweed) is still going strong - she's about 6 now I think, and the fluffiest dog ever. She is quite podgy under there but getting thinner as my sister takes her running every day now.

[Edited to make the pictures y'know, actually fit on one screen...]

Kluliss fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jul 30, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Dio on the left, Ozzy on the right, post-bath hay-munching, all fluffed up and pretending to be fierce whilst stuffing their faces :3

We've had them for about 3 weeks or so now and they're settling down nicely, even relaxing on us in the evening as the mood arises. They don't make much noise though, which is a shame.

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

I am proud of our pooch. She's a ....9...ish...year old SBT cross (not sure what she's crossed with but it definitely had ears) who makes a godawful racket when she wants something or is in the car or is happy to see you or is awake. Yup, she's a staffie...slowly training her to be a little calmer and she's found her woof after a week and a half with us. She was in a shelter from roughly September 2013 until 14th February this year with no-one at all wanting to take her away. There were loads of other dogs just as deserving (or more so) of a home, but we went for the oldest dog they had so that even if she only has another couple of years in her, they're going to be happy years spent in a house with a garden and lots of walks instead of a tiled cage.

This is Wraggler at the shelter looking very sorry for herself

A few days later and she was whinging because she wanted a treat (please note this has not yet stopped)

Today when told she'd be going for a walk soon

After the walk because she's an fat old lady who isn't used to exercise (much like me)

She's eating all her food now (slowly, but she eats it and doesn't have to be bribed with ham hidden in it any more) and widdling outside instead of in the kitchen. We even had a dry night last night, may it be the first of many!

• Locked thread