Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ten Becquerels
Apr 17, 2012

My Little Tony: Leadership is Magic
I adopted Ringo here from the local shelter not too long ago. Got him at 6 weeks, he's now about 5 months old. Likes to perch on my shoulder while I'm working and go to sleep.

And Merlin, my extremely difficult to photograph ferret. Won't look at the camera or sit still for more than a second. He's almost 5 years old now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ten Becquerels
Apr 17, 2012

My Little Tony: Leadership is Magic
This is my year-old pug, Frodo:

Pugs are definitely the abominations of the dog world, but he's a really friendly, fun little dude and the only person I know who doesn't like him is my dog-hating grandfather. He's got a face like a twisted sandshoe, but he brightens up my day.

He is also very easily distracted. Getting him to look at the camera has been a struggle since day one.

He shares the house with my 3 year-old cat Ringo, who is a prissy motherfucker and refuses to eat cat food that is not fish-based, or to poo poo on any kind of litter except for the silica crystal kind. Ringo isn't as constantly affectionate as Frodo, but he still loves a scritch and is an incredibly chill cat. He sits on my lap occasionally when it's cold, but for the most part he sits atop his scratching post or on the couch and judges you.

Frodo enjoys wrestling with Ringo, and Ringo will definitely bait him into it at times. They can get pretty rough, but neither has ever been injured and since Ringo has several scratching posts + plenty of other high places to escape to when he's had enough, they get along pretty well overall.

Bonus: My mum's Wire-haired Pointer/Blue Heeler, Póg. They got her from a friend whose pointer had an unexpected litter with the neighbour's heeler. Originally my parents also had her sister, Madra (literally means 'dog' in Irish - dad is from Dublin originally and loves explaining their names), but they fought so much that Póg ended up at the vet with puncture wounds and lacerations, so Madra now lives on a farm with a different family and is now called Bella.

I wish I could capture the size of this dog, she's like a goddamn horse. She's only a year old and she's already decently bigger than her mother, around 80cm at the shoulders, and her paws are still huge so she might grow even more. Thanks to her parentage she's whip-smart, and despite being part heeler she's the sweetest dog. Her eyebrows require regular trimming to keep them out of her eyes.

• Locked thread