Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

don't mind me, I'm just out hunting.

This was Gonzo

He was a bit of a poo poo honestly, he barked at everything, and howled at the doorbell. Later on in life whenever I was visiting my parents he would never let me sleep in. He'd scratch at the door of the room I would sleep in until I would wake up and let him in, and he would immediately jump on the bed and wouldn't leave me alone until I got up. He never stopped begging for food, ever, mostly because my mom never stopped feeding him scraps from the table.

Me and my 3 other siblings got him for my father for his birthday, because we knew my dad didn't really want a dog but my mother did, so we figured if it was a birthday present he couldn't be upset about it. We got him November 4th, 2001. I know this exact date because it was the game 7 of the world series, Diamondbacks vs the Yankees. We named his Gonzo after Luis Gonzalez, the Diamondback player who scored the 9th inning RBI to beat the Yankees and win the World Series. We don't like the Diamondbacks, our family are Texas Rangers fans, we just really loving hate the Yankees. Dad ended up loving the little bastard. Once all of us kids grew up and moved out Gonzo became a totally spoiled brat. He slept in my parents bed, refused to sleep elsewhere. He became my parents swimming buddy, and despite being absolutely horrible with other dogs he was great with kids, even infants who would grab at him. He showed a lot of patience with all my nieces and nephews growing up, they always wanted to go swimming with Gonzo.

In the past month he developed an issue with a couple vertebrae that was preventing him from, well, doing much of anything. Surgery was apparently a risky situation for the issue at hand, so he was on muscle relaxers and pain killers for a short while, but quickly my parents realized he was in a lot of pain and lacked the mobility necessary for a dog to well, continue to be a dog. He was put to sleep last week, and I found out today.

All in all he must have had a pretty awesome life. My parents loved to play with him, take him swimming. He got a lot of house and backyard to have fun in, bark at other dogs and squirrels, and always got a ton of attention.

Have fun chasing balls and barking at anything wherever you are little buddy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread