Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Thought I'd post Buttercup again, further proof that cats are solar powered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

Well, I have a little more media of my recent acquisition. First here's a little of the older stuff.

A video of how he treats toys. This was his second of those by the way, the first he only pulled the stuffing out of, the purple one in the video he utterly destroyed, all that's left is the bell from the tail and the wand.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeN1lDtc1YI&feature=related

A more recent video of the only thing he uses the scratching post for besides lines of catnip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0itOZZjQ6I&feature=related

He likes to explore.

Not a blurry pic, he's just that fuzzy now that it's winter.

He reacted well to Skyrim being installed on my laptop.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZwYrWoAjfY&feature=related

Despite being a Himalayan and covered with enough fur to make a sweater, he is still somehow solar powered.

This is a bit more recent. He had a case of the blurries.

He had to shake it off.

He's looking a bit bigger lately.

Its a trick!

This is the fate of all toys. It used to have fur and feathers on it.

My sister says he's real photogenic but I'm not quite seeing it...

Oh wait, there it is.

There is a cat in there somewhere.

How is this even comfortable you are a cat! He was asleep like this.

This is more like it.

Here he is prepping the next toy for destruction.

Bonus storytime, the family cat who went missing a few weeks ago was found two days before Thanksgiving.

The toy he was prepping for destruction a few days before? Well here it is again.

Here it is.

And here, and here... and over there.

After destroying toys he went back to recharging in the sun.

Disguised as a tribble, again.

One of his hobbies is preventing me from doing anything on the computer.

Bonus, my view of the whole thing.

He is fluff personified. Sometimes I open my window a bit at night for air even if it's a bit chilly, I woke up once covered in sweat for reasons other than I'd expect. I had a cat hat. It was too warm, and that was before his winter coat came in fully.

Now that you've sat through too many photos of my incredibly friendly Humane Society rescue it's story time. You might have noticed his forearms were shaved. Last month the poor guy had a trip to the vet after he was trying to go to the litter box but couldn't. Poor guy had a blockage that was painful, thankfully there is an e-vet in this city that's open 24/7 and he was able to get help.

After a few days of observation and having a catheter where no cath should go in a cat he was released and put on a wet food only diet. He doesn't seem to mind the lack of dry food anymore and he's still his lap stealing very warm and friendly self. Now that it's winter, very warm. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't wake up to purr purr purr and I'm glad he got over the blockage without needing surgery.

Also as mentioned before the family cat Aunt Buck mentioned that belongs to our father was found a few days before thanksgiving after being gone for two weeks. She lost three pounds and apparently got stuck on the wrong side of the fence since it's lower on the other side and she's sixteen. Fortunately she responded well to wet food and turkey. They took her to a vet after getting her back and she seems to be ok but she has a follow up visit in another week.

I think I've had enough catdrama for a while, I'm going to go pet my excessively fuzzy friend now.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

IHeartManChowdah posted:

Friend catte says hello.

He asks how your are doing.

Friend catte wishes you well.

Edit: forgot a link.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

I shall present for your viewing pleasure, a likely but blurry series of events.

Do you know what this is?

There's a tree next to the window. He wants to get in it.

I'm glad he no longer falls off.

Don't let this fool you, here he looks very catte like.

Usually looks more like this. Including the blur.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

I haven't posted in here in a while, thought I was overdoing it at one point but here's the last two healthy pictures of Buttercup, helping me pack for a drill weekend.

He deteriorated quickly, from being a mountain goat of a cat on my shoulders one day, to less energy and not eating much yesterday to gone today. And that sucks.

This is how he looked when I brought him home for the first time.

His face was always wonderfully expressive

and he loved headbutts, this is pre-headbutt

headbutt your kitties tonight people.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

Koala Food posted:

Catleash?

Catleash.

Catleash.

It was the only one in his size at the time...

Even the leash shows he was mostly fluff.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

I have recently acquired a master of stealth, here are a few images as proof.

Who can catch things

Took him a while to come out from under the bed, he is now fond of the top of it.

He is also very affectionate and does this a lot, except to my hand.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

I have an occasional problem. He keeps hitting function keys.

This is totally not a trap guys, totally.

Except for when it is and hope you didn't need that arm for anything.

And here's Thomas making it hard to use a camera.

That's all for now. He's settled in pretty well and is even growing back the fluff from where he had some really bad knots in his fur when he first came in. Though I like his predecessor I think he has two settings, winter coat and winter coat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

Damnit Thomas, no you may not have ice cream. Dairy does terrible terrible things to your insides.

Also, limited success with snake toy.

He's been a lot more vocal lately, especially when it's play time but never when I have a camera available.

Edit 2: When this happens playtime is either over or starting.

Steezo fucked around with this message at 04:03 on May 16, 2015

• Locked thread