Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ceridwen
Dec 11, 2004
Of course... If the Jell-O gets moldy, the whole thing should be set aflame.

Zeus, my sickly cat.

His mom was a stray who had kittens on my dad's screen porch. He clearly had things wrong with him and she ran him off when he was a kitten. He was ~12-14 weeks old when I took him home and pretty much feral, but he came around and became the most outgoing cat I've ever met. He did not have the undercoat most cats have which made him look weird. He also had a heart murmur from the time he was a kitten. By 6 months old he had no teeth, at 2 1/2 he was diagnosed with asthma, by 3 1/2 he'd added chronic urinary problems, and this March just before he turned 5 he developed congestive heart failure. I had him euthanized at the end of March. Even though I knew it was coming it was one of the hardest things I've ever done and I still miss him terribly.

Eowyn, my current cat.
Just after we found her (skinny and exhausted)

A couple years later

Now

Showed up at my old apartment complex, ~6 months old and pregnant. She miscarried the kittens the day before Thanksgiving and my roommates and I had to pool all our money for a vet visit to make sure she was ok. She lived with one of my roommate's grandmother for a year and a half, at which point said grandma decided it was rough being an adult and dumped her cats on her daughter. I took Eowyn and have had her 2 1/2 years now.

Kara, recently rescued from the pound. She's ~2-3 years old and tiny for a lab mix. She excels at pretending not to know commands.

And finally Rusty, my boyfriend's golden mix. Rusty is 3 1/2 and is pretty much a Golden in the wrong colored fur. He adores water and retrieving to the point that we have to force him to take breaks so he doesn't hurt himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ceridwen
Dec 11, 2004
Of course... If the Jell-O gets moldy, the whole thing should be set aflame.

Magic Hate Ball posted:

My old dog, Murphy:

I just found out the person she was supposed to go live with welched on her offer and if they can't find a new owner by tomorrow she's going to the SPCA. This is the worst news I have ever received.

How old is Murphy? Have they tried contacting a Lab rescue? She would have a MUCH better chance of a new home there than in the SPCA and almost every area has a lab rescue.

New pic of Kara:

My boss' 18 month old daughter likes pictures of Kara better than Rusty because my boss owns two labs. She saw the picture of Rusty and told me he was a "puppy", then saw this pic of Kara and told me she was a "Wiley" (their labs name). It was pretty drat cute.

• Locked thread