Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
n3wt
Dec 22, 2005
Tommy and Ginger. 8 and 4 years old. Bichon mutts. Neutered and don't shed.
Both dogs are trained as care-dogs. You can take the food out of their mouths, they're great with guests, respect human boundaries (no walking on people) even when those humans are percieved as weak (ill or bedbound). We (and our neighbours) love them to bits!

Tommy spent 18 months in a "kill" pound after being forgotten.
He was bottom dog in the poodle-type cage and was a walking dirty dreadlock-fuzz bundle. I got him because I requested a "sweet, non shedding and small" dog, he'd been shaved and rediscovered just the day before.
It took him a while to get over the sheer excitment of doors (even cupboard doors). He had a bad liver due to the pound dogs being fed school meal leftovers.
He was skinny, scared, had bad eyes, grey skin and fur, breath that could melt metal and an inferiority complex but all of that changed with time and love.
He's the best dog I've ever met. I don't know HOW he does it but he calms people. After a horrible day he'll just sit beside you, ready for a hug or a stroke, no begging, no getting bored and somehow he just absorbs all the stress. I've met plenty of dogs along the way but he's got something special: he's not the prettiest by any means but he's got that *chill* thing.

Ginger is my sister's dog, 70% havanese bichon, 30% who knows what, 100% cuteness.
Adopted from someone in our town who's dog got pregnant "by accident". It was shady but this dog was a necessity (sister became very ill, was in crippling pain 24/7) she was the only havanese within 500km (breed chosen for particular traits we needed) and she turned out to be a natural born care-dog with excellent instincts. Ginger saved my sister's sanity and quite possibly her life.

Gratuitous puppy pictures:

Click here for the full 727x469 image.

Click here for the full 660x617 image.

Click here for the full 898x1094 image.

Click here for the full 1094x868 image.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Jul 19, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread