Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Abbeh
May 23, 2006

When I grow up I mean to be
A Lion large and fierce to see.
(Thank you, Das Boo!)
Today, for the first time ever, Ed head-butted Zoso! It's taken us almost a year, but she seems to be liking him at last. It's pretty exciting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

(Thank you, Das Boo!)
Zoso at his most content:

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

(Thank you, Das Boo!)
This is Fry who has a habit of falling asleep in my lap when I've fallen asleep at the computer (not an entirely rare thing). He also keeps trying to catch this text and he is king of head-butts and wet noses.

I didn't realize how well-behaved Ed was until I brought a kitten into the mix. What an rear end. Serves him right, he's getting his balls off in two days!

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

(Thank you, Das Boo!)

Victor Nightingale posted:

Sad news, but one of our family dogs was put to sleep last week. He was a good guy but after 14 years he'd finally been pretty much overcome with cancer. Here's a photo right before they gave him the shot, and another from years back:

He looks like he had a fantastic life :3:

Today is Zoso's 6th birthday! My dad is going to our house at noon to thoroughly spoil him for a few hours (he does this every week day) and take him for a nice, long walk.

Here is one of his favorite things to do (after eating and sleeping):

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

(Thank you, Das Boo!)
Not only was it Zoso's birthday last week, but it was Ed's too!

Happy birthday to you.

You live in a zoo.

You look like an rear end in a top hat.

And you act like one, too.

Congrats on being five years old, I guess.

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

(Thank you, Das Boo!)

naffi posted:

kittens come and go from amazon

Oh god, send it back!

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

(Thank you, Das Boo!)

lollipopgestapo posted:

Where does one even get a stuffed fox? Did you ask Jiffy to look sexy for you?

I hate that helpless feeling when they're sick and all you can do is wait for things to get better.

Luckily he has bounced back and is feeling almost 100% (almost because the poo poo food the vets have him on gives him gas)

Edit: how do I keep ending up at the top of the page?

Abbeh fucked around with this message at 16:31 on May 11, 2010

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

(Thank you, Das Boo!)

the posted:

she's had such a rough and short life. :smith:

:sympathy: what a lot for her to go through, and for you to go through. What's her name?

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

(Thank you, Das Boo!)
Happy 20th, Menush, you old grump.

Seriously, this cat turned 20 on Sunday. At this point she lives on spite alone :psyduck:

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

(Thank you, Das Boo!)

Khelmar posted:

Old pug vs. new kitten:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5bg4XchVD0

That video led me to this one :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2opm0Z8-sc

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

(Thank you, Das Boo!)
My cousins had their baby shower today, so I got to meet their dogs for the first time!

This is MJ, pure mutt, found as a puppy in the aftermath of hurricane Katrina.

She is honestly the sweetest dog I've ever met, and we wanted to steal her and take her home. I offered to trade for a free kitten, but no one was buying it.

And this is Wiggles, who lived up to her name well. I'd never liked standard poodles before, but I have to say, she was a complete goof and a sweet heart, and I was happy to be her buddy.

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

(Thank you, Das Boo!)
My sister and I went to a local shelter on Saturday to help make her new house feel more like a home (her 20 year old cat died the day before the move). We came back with Pippa!

She was left outside the shelter in a box, along with all her kittens! The kittens have all moved on, and it was Pippa's turn. Too bad the first person who took her in discovered they were allergic and, rather than bringing her back to the shelter, left her at a closer one to her house, which wasn't a no-kill. Thankfully, that shelter sent her back to the first one!

Pippa Goes Home the Sequel: This Time It's Permanent!

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

(Thank you, Das Boo!)

QueenOfTheEyesores posted:

Meet Hobbes.

^Here's where I rub my face in his fuzzy belly. SO SOFT DAMMIT
He was a stray living outside our apartment. I expressed an interest in taking him to my upstairs neighbor and owner of the building, however I was hampered by the fact that I could barely afford rent, food, and utilities as it was. Angel that she is (and with an in at the local rescue center) she offered to cover his vet bills providing I took him in. I agreed at once, and haven't looked back.

What a fuzzy little goof. And your neighbor is awesome for helping you take him in :unsmith:

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

(Thank you, Das Boo!)
We took Zoso for a hike near Mt. Monadnock (apparently they don't allow dogs on the mountain anymore :wtf: )

Who's got way too big eyes on a tiny head? Yooouu do!

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

(Thank you, Das Boo!)
My friends just got a mini schnauzer. He's 9 weeks and named Ari and absolutely adorable.

(he didn't know what to make of the dslr sounds)

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

(Thank you, Das Boo!)
Sometimes I don't believe my husband when he says Fry has grown. But maybe he's right.

Day One:

Two weeks ago:

(same window)

Someday we hope he will grow out of "rear end in a top hat" into "nice" - I get brief glimpses of how nice he can be when he naps in my lap every night. He also manages to look intelligent and calm in his photos:

Most of the time, though, the idiots are pretty... idiotic:
herp

derp

Edit: my husband fears that soon Fry will think his name is "DAMNIT, FRY!" or "loving CAT!"

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

(Thank you, Das Boo!)
I was home sick today, so Ed and I had a little impromptu photo session:

I've been taking pictures of Ed since she was just a few weeks old. She's a great model. Zoso - not so much.

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

(Thank you, Das Boo!)
I got a new/free couch to round out my little computer room and make it so I could live in there if need be :lol: Ed has really taken to it and sits there when I'm in my computer chair. Or maybe she just really likes Top Gear?

She is so goddamn fuzzy.

And she is passionately in love with a banana.

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

(Thank you, Das Boo!)

pants cat posted:

:psyduck:

Showed up at work today, reeking of kitten snot and stinky butt. Couldn't be happier.

This is Arthur:

This is Ford:

Arthur has no tail, and Ford has half of one:

People keep asking "what's your obsession with cats who have messed up tails?" and I don't know, but they're awesome. Ford's half tail flicks around and hits things. Arthur tries to use his nub for balance but instead swings his rear end around wildly when he walks. I think I'm in love :3:

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

(Thank you, Das Boo!)
Not mine, but my cousin got a bengal. His name is Poncho.

While we're at it, here is another cousin's cat: Pumpkin.

Lots of cats in this family :3: (and dogs, too)

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

(Thank you, Das Boo!)
Zoso was glad to see my husband (my folks are babysitting while we renovate).

Is that a smile? I think it might be.

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

(Thank you, Das Boo!)

SecretZOGwarrior posted:

MORE BEAGLES PLEASE.

That's no beagle, it's a chicken!

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

(Thank you, Das Boo!)

MrBlandAverage posted:

This is the best picture.

We went for a hike, and Zoso was so bummed to have his gentle leader on.

But when I took it off in the car, he was very happy.

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

(Thank you, Das Boo!)

Elotana posted:

The tech at the SPCA was very glad to see them adopted; apparently it's doubly tough to adopt out a bonded pair who are both plain black cats.

The rescue I got my boys from were so happy to adopt them out together. They waived the donation fee but we gave them some cash anyway. :3: not only black cats but bonded brothers with mutant little bodies...

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

(Thank you, Das Boo!)

Murder Hats posted:

But now that I'm out there's also a few more kitties:

Izzy (above and left below) is a very tiny cat who was rescued from some pretty cruel lady in England with her brother, Boo (below right)

Izzy's very small in size and almost never meows, only trills and coos like a bird.
Boo is pretty rare to get in pictures as he seems even more affected by his treatment than his sister. They were born and pretty much promptly abandoned in a room until someone came over to pick them up.
Both enjoy a good dose of staring at everything wide-eyed.

This is Mooch, also picked up in England, but as an 'unwanted pest' via horrible neighbors

Doing what he does best, being a mammoth and reading over your shoulder. In your lap.

And here we have Elvira, Vira for short.

She's the most sassy and talkative cat I've ever met. If you scold her for being naughty you'll get some presumably scathing remarks from her.
Hobbies: Teetering on the stair railing playing with her tail, scaring the poo poo out of you when you reach into a laundry basket, using you as transport, climbing up the door frames, beating up Boo and Mooch.

Mom's got a few more dogs since, but I'll post another day

I love your collection of black cats!

Here are Arthur and Ford pretending they can still both fit in the top of the cat tree. Pay no attention to Ford's gut spilling over the side.

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

(Thank you, Das Boo!)

olylifter posted:

My little soldier, Peanut. I had to put him to sleep today because of a urinary tract blockage combined with a lack of cash to pay a looming $5000 vet bill which might or might not have saved him. In short, I hosed up royally and I'm tearing myself up over it.

Try not to beat yourself up over it :sympathy: after all, Peanut and Fry are having the times of their lives up in kitty heaven together.

I think Fry's grave stone says it best: Shine on you crazy diamond.

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

(Thank you, Das Boo!)

Skizzles posted:

Time for cheesy Instagram shots of Shadow.

Goofy ears. :3:

Love those ears :3:

Ah, Instagram. Never before has there been such an easy way to bombard complete strangers with real time pictures of my pets! :lol:

Ford started kneading his paw right after this :gonk:

Zoso... so smug.

Arthur's asking for a beating.

Pretty Ed :3:

Zoso's expression when he thinks my husband is never coming out of Lowe's.

(if you want to add me, I'm there under "donrufie")

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

(Thank you, Das Boo!)

I think I saw the black dog :ohdear:

Ironically, while uploading this, the captcha was "sick puppy" and we'll be calling the vet tomorrow to tell them that Zoso's still wheezing despite his medicine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

(Thank you, Das Boo!)

GreyLondon posted:

I adopted a blind, baby pigeon! Her name is Natasha 'Ray Charles' Pataki. :3:

How cool - would you be willing to talk about owning a pigeon in a thread?

And to not break rules:

Some Arthur

Arthur is dressed and ready for business. by Donrufie, on Flickr

Some Zoso

He refuses to look at the phone unless I have a treat. by Donrufie, on Flickr

He sure is a looker. by Donrufie, on Flickr

• Locked thread