Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Innocuous
Mar 1, 2003

It's a strange world.

dimwitf posted:

When we got Bailey, he was only barely bigger than Lucy, my sister's Jack Russell:

Your dog may have been the cutest puppy ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Little_Dead_Pets
Jul 3, 2006

It's been too long since we've had a good mutts thread! :dance:

This is Vinnie, my folks' recently adopted setter/pointer/something and some of his friends.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Little_Dead_Pets posted:

This is an awesome picture. Look at the stretch, one more stride and they're going to hit full sprint!

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

I love Hitler and Hitler loves me! He's not all bad, Hitler just needs someone to believe in him! Can't you just give Hitler a chance?

Quality Pugamutes now available, APR/APRI/NKC approved breeder. PM for details.
This is the one that gets me.

Little_Dead_Pets posted:

"Hello friend, we have much to discuss."

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Spermy Smurf posted:

On top of the couch, being bad as always.

Click here for the full 614x461 image.

Your mutt looks an awful lot like my parents' mutt, Juniper. About as big, same black-and-tan markings, same semi-upright ears and feathering on the neck, and just as prone to climbing around on the back of the couch.

lionskull
Jul 12, 2006

Skizzles posted:

That's the only pic of him I have access to at the moment. But this is Shadow. He's a lab/GSD/maybe something else mix. The shelter people said they believe he had a little wolf in him but I really doubt that. I'm 20 now and I've had him since I was 14. We adopted him from a shelter shortly before he was to be euthanized.

Same dog I'm to adopt including mix, color, looks, and name. Did you clone my dog? Was my dog cloned from your dog?

He's a cutie :3:

snarfy
Dec 20, 2004

oh crap a bear!!!

Ceridwen posted:

Rusty is 1/2 Golden retriever and 1/2 who knows what. Our best guess is that dad (who my roommate did get to see) was a lab/spaniel/chow or lab/golden/chow mix. Rusty adores retrieving, swimming, and shedding all over everything....

Rusty looks similar to my old dog. She had more white on her, but had exactly the same tail and the ear-fuzz.

RurouNNy
Dec 10, 2004

Oh man I appreciate that, you know I do!
Here's Loki: (sup other Lokis!)

Click here for the full 768x576 image.

My husband and I adopted him from a New England shelter about 3 months ago now, and they got him through Save a Sato, picked up as a stray in San Juan, Puerto Rico.

Click here for the full 768x576 image.

Click here for the full 576x768 image.

We were told he's a collie/spaniel mix, and if he doesn't have some border collie in him, I'd be very surprised (though his energy level is nowhere near a purebred bc). He's somewhere around 20 months old and 20 lbs. And we've already been asked if he's one of them thar 'mini border collies' :rolleyes:

And, just because we are mean and Loki is tolerant, here he is with a t-shirt made into a cape :3:

And wearing my husband's shirt ... didn't even attempt to remove it.

He's awesome and I can't imagine life without him now. He loves chasing other dogs and pulling their tails :downs:, sleeping through most of the day, and pouncing on laser beams. Hooray for my mutt dog!

mich
Feb 28, 2003
I may be racist but I'm the good kind of racist! You better put down those chopsticks, you HITLER!

drat Bananas posted:

5ing this thread, mutts are the best. Waiting for pictures of Tugboat my favorite PI silly looking mix. :3:

Aww, Cocoa looks cutely short and stocky too!

Here's the boat, I love her. :3:

Paulie
Jan 18, 2008

rear end Crackers! posted:

This is Loki.

Loki looks a lot like my dog Roscoe, who's also a mutt, but mostly Australian Shepherd. Same eyebrow spots (which are hilarious when he's 'thinking') same color patterns for the most part, etc. Roscoe was also a crazy rear end dog until he was about 4 or so.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

yawnie posted:

Lilah is a purebred mutt. She's still an itty bitty wittle puppy so I have no clue what she'll end up looking like, but I want her to hurry up and grow so I can see!

Lilah looks a lot like my schnauzer/poodle mutt did when she was a puppy (no pics right now, sorry :( ).

My guess would be some sort of terrier crossed with a poodle or a similar toy dog.

allimill
Aug 21, 2005

I'll chime in.

This is Audrey. Yorkie/Chi mix. She's had both luxated patellas fixed, and just a month ago had to go back in for a torn ACL

This is Lola. She's a MinPin/JRT mix. So neurotic. But very loveable.

June. We think she's a mix of a mix. The vet thinks theres pit and ACD in there. She's the smartest, gentlest, most people pleasing dog I've ever known.

This one of two new arrivals. A rescue with her litter of puppies. Stella with one eye. Obviously abused before but adapting better now that she's here.

And finally, Bettie. She is one of Stella's puppies. Thinks she's gigantic, and she's June's best buddy ever.

Bonus of Lola not being so sure of itty bitty Bettie, who was only about five weeks old at this point:

Master_Jay
Jan 6, 2007
This thread makes me jealous. I want a small doggy so bad (Sucks when you have few friends left) but sadly, I live in an apartment.

To stop my bitching... My friend is getting one of these pups. (Jackapoo)

Which makes me want to hit him. I'm half tempted to get one but I'm zapped for cash for one more month due to saving a kitten.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Little_Dead_Pets posted:

It's been too long since we've had a good mutts thread! :dance:

This is Vinnie, my folks' recently adopted setter/pointer/something and some of his friends.

This whole sequence of pictures is absolutely incredible.

Malalol
Apr 4, 2007

I spent $1,000 on my computer but I'm too "poor" to take my dog or any of my animals to the vet for vet care. My neglect caused 1 of my birds to die prematurely! My dog pisses everywhere! I don't care! I'm a piece of shit! Don't believe me? Check my post history in Pet Island!

[url=https://wi.somethingawful.com/00/00f1509ea709dd06638bfacb7452e67d8858db7a.jpg]
Click here for the full 1280x960 image.

Click here for the full 1280x960 image.

So cute! Not mine. What do you think shes made of?

Crab Ran
Mar 6, 2006

Don't try me.

Master_Jay posted:

This thread makes me jealous. I want a small doggy so bad (Sucks when you have few friends left) but sadly, I live in an apartment.

To stop my bitching... My friend is getting one of these pups. (Jackapoo)

Which makes me want to hit him. I'm half tempted to get one but I'm zapped for cash for one more month due to saving a kitten.

Why would a "jackapoo" cost you money? Shelter dogs are cheap. Do they charge you for the dumb name?

Master_Jay
Jan 6, 2007
Most people sell Jackapoos and puggles and all those designer mutts for 200-300 now. I've looked at shelters, but most dogs that are a good fit usually get taken the same day they are put into the shelter.

Traxxus
Jul 13, 2003

WWJD - What Would Jack Do?

Master_Jay posted:

Most people sell Jackapoos and puggles and all those designer mutts for 200-300 now. I've looked at shelters, but most dogs that are a good fit usually get taken the same day they are put into the shelter.

Welcome to PI. Get an umbrella, shitstorm coming your way.

Master_Jay
Jan 6, 2007
Pshhh... not like I'm actually going to buy those doggies even if I had the money. If I want a mutt, I'm not going to pay that much for one unless he came with a poo poo load of supplies and shots along with it.

Besides, I would love to adopt a pound puppy/doggy but if they don't meet the criteria I need than it just doesn't work out. Which basically means I'll probably not have any dog anyway so why the poo poo storm? I'm not getting one, I'm not paying for a 300 dollar mutt, and I can't stop a friend if they want to have a jackapoo.

Besides, I've adopted 2 dogs from the pound in my life and recently saved a kitten who was going to die soon. I'm allowed to gawk at Jackapoos even if they are overpriced. :smugbert:

Now to get back on topic...

Someone dumped this poor doggy around the area. She's loving when calmed down and a cool doggy. I have no idea what she's mixed with though.

Larry Koldsweat!
Dec 7, 2008

by Fistgrrl
may be rat terrier

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON
We found ours in a parking lot. He's Brown American Wal-mart Hound. My dad called him a Tosa/Sleeper Mix. His name is Wally.

Click here for the full 461x615 image.

He's actually flying here, off to save some helpless victim no doubt.

Click here for the full 820x615 image.

Burning rubber at the park.

Guarding Platypus (R.I.P.)

Some cat that used to meet us during our walk every afternoon.

Guarding his duck from El Gato Diablo

We tell ourselves that he sleeps so much because he stays up all night guarding after we go to bed

WolfensteinBag
Aug 7, 2003

So it was all your work?

Nione posted:

I don't have a dog, but my brother has the best dog ever.

Halla is the one in the back and she's part byb husky and half something else, some kind of hound because she's so thin and she also "points" and trees things like opossums. Some idiots in SW Missouri had a husky female (she looked like a husky, but who knows) they were "breeding" and she got out, while in heat, and had a bunch of puppies. The owner's brother-in-law took them to Wal-Mart and told people they were going to be drowned if no one took them. Whether or not that's true, my 16 year old brother brought one home. She's seven years old now and is an awesome dog. When she was a puppy she was really round and much fluffier, she looked a lot more like a husky.

Man, I absolutely love seeing mutts when you know what at least one of the parents is, because I would NEVER have pegged that dog for a husky mutt. :3:

This is one of my all-time favorite mutts (not mine):

Her name is Luna, and she's actually up for adoption at the place we got Buddy. She was actually adopted before as a puppy and returned (I don't know why). She was from a litter that was born and raised at the rescue. They say her mother was a husky, and her father was a "traveling salesman". :3:

I need to find some pictures of my in-laws' dog, she's the best mutt ever. :3:

Little_Dead_Pets
Jul 3, 2006

maniacripper posted:

We found ours in a parking lot. He's Brown American Wal-mart Hound. My dad called him a Tosa/Sleeper Mix. His name is Wally.

Click here for the full 461x615 image.

I love his expression here! Big dope :3:

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on
There are enough Tosa dogs here in the US to even have mutts?

YummyTarts
Sep 2, 2007
Frosted Strawberry Toaster Pastries!
This is our dog, Chipper, as a pup. She was about four months old, I guess.

This is the only picture I have of her now, but it's from Christmas last year. She's fully grown about 50 lbs.

She is a Great Pyrenees/Blue Heeler mix. She is absolutely adorable: aside from the face and ears, she only has one black spot the size of a quarter on her back and several on her tail. She has six toes on both her back feet (one on either feet has no bones and just waggles around, looks like a raptor).

She's smart as hell, intensely loyal, and loves to go on rides in the car.

I love this dog.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

Oh Em Gee posted:

There are enough Tosa dogs here in the US to even have mutts?

We found him in the parking lot of a Walmart in redneck country florida. the odds of him having tosa are very slim to none

Zapp Brannigan
Mar 29, 2006

we have an irc channel at #SA_MeetingWomen
I don't have any recent pictures of Baxter on my work computer, but here he is when he was a puppy. ~6 weeks old.

Click here for the full 960x1280 image.

He's a black lab/ border collie mix. Now that he's all grown up, he looks like a small German Shepherd.

Shiny Penny
Feb 1, 2009

Paulie posted:

Loki looks a lot like my dog Roscoe, who's also a mutt, but mostly Australian Shepherd. Same eyebrow spots (which are hilarious when he's 'thinking') same color patterns for the most part, etc. Roscoe was also a crazy rear end dog until he was about 4 or so.

Yeah Loki just turned 1 last month, and he's all kinds of crazy. I've also just moved to a house, so now he knows the excitement of playing with the hose in the backyard. Works well for me, it's easy to wiggle the hose around and watch him go ballistic. Poops him out AND cools him off!

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on

maniacripper posted:

We found him in the parking lot of a Walmart in redneck country florida. the odds of him having tosa are very slim to none

If I ever get the money I'd love to get a Tosa and have him fight my pit bull...

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Well I've got Harley here, I think he might be some kind of pit mix, maybe pit/boxer? I honestly can't tell. When we adopted him we were told he was pure-bred boxer(What??).

Favorite activities include: barking, rubbing on couches/legs, slobbering on EVERYTHING, being an adorable old man.

His little cropped tail is so drat cute, but I just have no clue why his previous owners did that.

He also enjoys watching the fish in the pond/trying to eat their food.

daiztat
May 28, 2009
I love this thread! I cant contribute because i have a purebred Aussie (rescued tho!) but I have lots of love for mixes!

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
Mutt Superiority.

Hank is part Akita, part who knows what the gently caress else, is all awesome

Nione
Jun 3, 2006

Welcome to Trophy Island
Rub my tummy

WolfensteinBag posted:

Man, I absolutely love seeing mutts when you know what at least one of the parents is, because I would NEVER have pegged that dog for a husky mutt. :3:

Yeah, it's crazy because if I hadn't seen her when she was a puppy I wouldn't believe it either. But my brother swears up and down that the mother dog (who was with the people at Wal-Mart) looked exactly like a traditional husky. Halla does have some husky mannerisms though. She's really really great at figuring out ways to get out of the yard and then she'll just run like crazy. She used to get lost a lot, she'd be there one minute and the next she'd be gone, and my brother'd run, jump in the car, and she'd be 10 blocks away in a matter of minutes. Now she gets out but doesn't run, she just goes to the little old lady's house next door and gets hot dogs.

When she does run, though, she's super fast. She was chasing a rabbit down at the lake one day and ran past it and had to double back. All of sudden she just got this "where'd it go?" look on her face and almost did a roll when she noticed it was behind her and tried to change direction at speed. That's why I think there might be some sighthound in there as well. I don't know enough about dogs to guess, though.

She also "blows" her coat like a husky. She's got really thick fur, even if it is short. And in the springtime they find clumps of fur all over the house. My dad used to make jokes about tumbleweeds, because it's exactly what it's like. The bought a Dyson and vacuum all the time and fill the canister 3-4 times a week. I'll see if I can get David to send me some pictures of her as a puppy because she was really freakin adorable.

lu lu lu
Jul 27, 2007
I've got some apples

Master_Jay posted:

Someone dumped this poor doggy around the area. She's loving when calmed down and a cool doggy. I have no idea what she's mixed with though.

I would be very surprised if she wasn't part corgi.

Master_Jay
Jan 6, 2007
Forgot to add, at the shelters around here, a mutt can sometimes be 350 dollars.

dimwitf
Apr 8, 2008

'morning.

drat Bananas posted:

Wow, I'm strongly reminded of my mutt, sorta. Obviously very different, but the ears, tail, and coat are ringing some strong bells. Does he shed in tufts when blowing coat?
Not too much, mostly just small handfuls of fur in the corners of the house. But any scratching, petting, rolling around, &c. results in a few hairs coming loose, like he's constantly shedding a little. I vacuum the couch before having company...

HondaCivet
Oct 16, 2005

And then it falls
And then I fall
And then I know

Master_Jay posted:

Forgot to add, at the shelters around here, a mutt can sometimes be 350 dollars.

Yeah but in that case the money is going to an animal shelter rather than some stupid BYB.

RabbitMage
Nov 20, 2008

Ceridwen posted:

Rusty

Whatever Rusty is, I have the Mini version.

Marlowe came from the county shelter with a litter of his siblings. A few of the volunteers had different stories. I gathered the people who turned them in had a bunch of dogs that lived semi-feral in their backyard, and that one of them had seen Marlowe's mother who looked just like a mini Golden Retriever. I was originally interested in his sister but we didn't click. My friend decided to take him out, and we took him outside the socialize.

The entire litter was scared out of their minds, huddled at the back of their run, watching us with a mix of fear and suspicion. So when we took Marlowe outside, he cowered and tried to hide. Eventually, he got a little more comfortable and made his way over to my lap. And then he licked my arm. :3: In addition to being scared shitless, he was also unvaccinated, unneutered, and had horrible kennel cough. The shelter insisted on holding him, but I think they got sick of me calling every few days to see how he was and eventually offered to let me take him home on a 'foster' contract until he was well enough to be neutered and officially adopted out to me.

When we got him home, he spent the first week almost exclusively in his kennel. If I needed to take him outside, I had to crawl into his kennel and scoop him up. He didn't play with toys, just put them in a pile and hoarded them.

Eventually he started coming out of his kennel, and hid mostly under the table.

These days Marlowe is a (mostly) fully functional 20 pound ball of something. My guess is Corgi and Dachshund and maybe some Chi or Sheltie thrown in. I think he tries to herd sometime, he makes an excellent little livestock guardian, and will bark viciously at anything and everything.

Scary Ned
Mar 16, 2007

very scary

Master_Jay posted:

Pshhh... not like I'm actually going to buy those doggies even if I had the money. If I want a mutt, I'm not going to pay that much for one unless he came with a poo poo load of supplies and shots along with it.

Besides, I would love to adopt a pound puppy/doggy but if they don't meet the criteria I need than it just doesn't work out. Which basically means I'll probably not have any dog anyway so why the poo poo storm? I'm not getting one, I'm not paying for a 300 dollar mutt, and I can't stop a friend if they want to have a jackapoo.

Besides, I've adopted 2 dogs from the pound in my life and recently saved a kitten who was going to die soon. I'm allowed to gawk at Jackapoos even if they are overpriced. :smugbert:

Welcome to PI. For starters, let's lose the stupid designer "breed" name and call them JRT/poodle mixes.

Otherwise I get to call mine a New Zealand Long Collie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shebrew
Jul 12, 2006

Is it a party?

Zapp Brannigan posted:

I don't have any recent pictures of Baxter on my work computer, but here he is when he was a puppy. ~6 weeks old.

Click here for the full 960x1280 image.

He's a black lab/ border collie mix. Now that he's all grown up, he looks like a small German Shepherd.

Incorrect. He is 100% pure bred teddy bear.