Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crash BandiCute
Nov 8, 2004

Dona Nobis Pacem

allimill posted:

This one of two new arrivals. A rescue with her litter of puppies. Stella with one eye. Obviously abused before but adapting better now that she's here.

This one looks like pug and papillon are in there. What a cutie :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laiinkyree
Mar 11, 2009

Oh boy!
This is Callie:

she's 50% food hound, 50% love hound. We think that she's German Shepherd and Smooth Collie (Thanks PI!)

So...does that make her a Shollie? :D

Sharpie Fix
Jul 25, 2009
We bought Casey when she was 3 months old from in front of the Petco I worked at on December 20th 2007. She's a Lab/Boxer mix. We stick with that, though we've heard arguments for Sharpei and Pitbull being in there. She weighs about 70 lbs now, and is almost 2 years old. She had something bad happen to her before we came along, so her first couple months with us were spent encouarging her to be crazy and outgoing. We pay dearly every day for that training approach, but for the most part she is a well-adjusted dog now. Too smart for her own good, and we love her antics (mostly).

This is Casey at 6 months old on her first hike.

Here she is at 8 months, sleeping with the cat. They're twins by markings and color, but that wasn't on purpose. Noticed about an hour after we got home with the dog that they matched. These two play tag in the house we have now.

And here's Casey a couple months ago doing the face she does best.

Sharpie Fix fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jul 26, 2009

HondaCivet
Oct 16, 2005

And then it falls
And then I fall
And then I know

Sharpie Fix posted:

We bought Casey when she was 3 months old from in front of the Petco I worked at on December 20th 2007.

I hate to ask but what does this mean? You got it from one of those rescue kiosks or someone was selling dogs in the parking lot?

And yes, it is very important to have matching/coordinating pets. Makes it easier to match them to the furniture. ;)

IHatePancakes
Jan 29, 2009

HondaCivet posted:

I hate to ask but what does this mean? You got it from one of those rescue kiosks or someone was selling dogs in the parking lot?

And yes, it is very important to have matching/coordinating pets. Makes it easier to match them to the furniture. ;)

Someone selling off puppies in the lot. Sharpie Fix is my fiance, and taking Casey home that day would be the start of a very long road. We have many stories.

Crab Ran
Mar 6, 2006

Don't try me.

IHatePancakes posted:

Someone selling off puppies in the lot. Sharpie Fix is my fiance, and taking Casey home that day would be the start of a very long road. We have many stories.

Awesome. Way to support lovely bybs.

Sharpie Fix
Jul 25, 2009

Dr. Housecat MD posted:

Awesome. Way to support lovely bybs.

Actually, at 3 months old they had put more than $25 in food into her. Not to mention, in the wrong hands she would have been heavily at risk for becoming a fear-biter. I was doing her a favor. Her brother was not timid or fearful, so I left him to be an option for a less dog-experienced family.

Yes, if all was ideal, the $25 would have gone towards the mother getting fixed. I can't say that is what happened. I can say that Casey wound up in a good home for her temperament at the time, though.

Edit: And at least we kept her. An ad was posted at my work about 2 or 3 months later to give away two Lab/Boxer brothers. Same age, and one was the spitting image of Casey. I hope they found good homes.

Sharpie Fix fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Jul 26, 2009

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

Sharpie Fix posted:

Actually, at 3 months old they had put more than $25 in food into her. Not to mention, in the wrong hands she would have been heavily at risk for becoming a fear-biter. I was doing her a favor. Her brother was not timid or fearful, so I left him to be an option for a less dog-experienced family.

Yes, if all was ideal, the $25 would have gone towards the mother getting fixed. I can't say that is what happened. I can say that Casey wound up in a good home for her temperament at the time, though.

Edit: And at least we kept her. An ad was posted at my work about 2 or 3 months later to give away two Lab/Boxer brothers. Same age, and one was the spitting image of Casey. I hope they found good homes.

I know you were trying to do the right thing, but it's best to never support people like this ever again. I can assure you they don't give a drat about their dogs if they're trying to sell them away in a parking lot. I'm glad the dog you took in now has a happy home, but you have to remember you're supporting them putting out MORE dogs that will probably end up dumped on the street.

If you want to save a life and get a dog, support and adopt from a shelter next time. :shobon:

Sorry to derail this otherwise happy doggy filled thread.

Kerfuffle fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Jul 26, 2009

Traxxus
Jul 13, 2003

WWJD - What Would Jack Do?

Sharpie Fix posted:

I know you think you were saving the dog, but really all you did was enable/support the hicks that won't get the mother fixed and take the puppies to parking lots to sell. Still overall a pretty bad thing. I hate how every mutt thread turns into a jackapoo/parking lot byb circle jerk.

Need to get this thread back on track, but no more mutt pictures...here's some baby scorpions in a puppy pile.

Traxxus fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Jul 26, 2009

Sharpie Fix
Jul 25, 2009
Really, I equate these kind of "OMG BYB!" posts as an passive way to say "I wish your dog had never been born". You just can't say this to a person that loves and cares for their dog that actually exists. I would never say this about anyone's pet, byb or otherwise. If anything, I might say that I wish a pet had never been in the wrong hands. Spend your time educating people not to breed or buy byb puppies in the first place if they can help it, not chastizing owners of dogs that happen to have come from those situations.

Yes, we were on our way to the shelter that night to look at dogs. Yes, we had been planning on getting a dog. This was not a whim. I feed this dog incredibly high quality food, and sometimes raw. She eats better than I do and sees the vet more often than I see a doctor. My dog is my child, and I'm out for her best interests.

I feel justified in having brought her home, and part of that was genuine concern that she would not make it through the process of being refused to be bought (she was one of the last for her temperament, not because she was ugly), neglected by the mother's owners (she was almost 5 lbs underweight), given away to some family that just wants a "free" cute little puppy ($25 is a drop in the bucket of $4K we have spent on her general care and health in the last 20 months - I can give you the numbers if you like), and then off to a shelter because the kids in the family scared the crap out of her and she bit them - or she was beaten because she pissed all over the carpets because they couldn't afford to take her to the vet and find out she had a UTI. If it wasn't me, then who would it be? Should I have just watched the shelter sites like a hawk waiting for her to show up 3 or 4 months later? Would she even make it to being adopted after all that trauma? Or would she be another numbered casualty in the Humane Society statistics?

But I digress...Think of ME what you will. Casey is an awesome dog, and there is nothing I would do to take back all the veterinary expenses, restless days, late night walks, and training frustrations.

"How could you say that about me?"

HondaCivet
Oct 16, 2005

And then it falls
And then I fall
And then I know

Sharpie Fix posted:

Really, I equate these kind of "OMG BYB!" posts as an passive way to say "I wish your dog had never been born". You just can't say this to a person that loves and cares for their dog that actually exists. I would never say this about anyone's pet, byb or otherwise. If anything, I might say that I wish a pet had never been in the wrong hands. Spend your time educating people not to breed or buy byb puppies in the first place if they can help it, not chastizing owners of dogs that happen to have come from those situations.

Yes, we were on our way to the shelter that night to look at dogs. Yes, we had been planning on getting a dog. This was not a whim. I feed this dog incredibly high quality food, and sometimes raw. She eats better than I do and sees the vet more often than I see a doctor. My dog is my child, and I'm out for her best interests.

I feel justified in having brought her home, and part of that was genuine concern that she would not make it through the process of being refused to be bought (she was one of the last for her temperament, not because she was ugly), neglected by the mother's owners (she was almost 5 lbs underweight), given away to some family that just wants a "free" cute little puppy ($25 is a drop in the bucket of $4K we have spent on her general care and health in the last 20 months - I can give you the numbers if you like), and then off to a shelter because the kids in the family scared the crap out of her and she bit them - or she was beaten because she pissed all over the carpets because they couldn't afford to take her to the vet and find out she had a UTI. If it wasn't me, then who would it be? Should I have just watched the shelter sites like a hawk waiting for her to show up 3 or 4 months later? Would she even make it to being adopted after all that trauma? Or would she be another numbered casualty in the Humane Society statistics?

But I digress...Think of ME what you will. Casey is an awesome dog, and there is nothing I would do to take back all the veterinary expenses, restless days, late night walks, and training frustrations.

I'm more of a cat person and there's pretty much no such thing as a responsibly bred cat. There're either morons letting their pet cats become mommies or there're stray cats/ferals getting knocked up and spraying kittens all over because that is what cats do. No one who cares about cats resents cats for being born, everyone wants the cats to all have loving homes and the best care. The more cats there are, the more impossible this becomes because resources are limited. When rescues won't let cats be adopted without spaying and neutering, when they trap ferals, alter them and release them, they are just trying to improve the future for the cats that aren't here yet. The best way to do this is reduce the number of cats that need to share those resources.

It's not about your individual dog, it's about solving the problem of pet overpopulation. At this point, where your dog came from doesn't really matter. It'd be pointless to feel guilty about it either way at this point so don't bother. Your dog was born, he needed a home just like any other dog. It's just important for people to understand that "rescuing" dogs from lovely breeders and pet stores does nothing but give irresponsible people money to create more and more dogs that need to be "rescued" while thousands of other dogs go homeless or have to be killed.

Traxxus
Jul 13, 2003

WWJD - What Would Jack Do?

Sharpie Fix posted:

There are millions of dogs put to sleep each year because of a lack of homes for them. HSUS says about 5 million per year dogs and cats together. That is a tremendous waste, and is very sad. Buying from people out of the trunk of their car perpetuates this, giving them money for adding to the overpopulation problem is enabling at it's very finest (or worst). Like honda said, it's nothing personal against you or your dog, it's an epidemic that won't be solved anytime soon. But for every dog that is bought from BYB, pet stores, etc is another dog in a shelter that will be put to sleep, and also adds incentive for said BYBs to keep pumping out those puppies. It's a never ending cycle.

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

I love Hitler and Hitler loves me! He's not all bad, Hitler just needs someone to believe in him! Can't you just give Hitler a chance?

Quality Pugamutes now available, APR/APRI/NKC approved breeder. PM for details.

Sharpie Fix posted:

Oh come on. This is a forum about pet lovers, for god's sake. No one here wishes your dog had never been born; we just want to educate you about why supporting those people wasn't a good idea and why you shouldn't do it/should encourage others not to do so in the future.

You want to know how we can stop these people from breeding puppies? By telling people who buy them and are about to buy them about what this practice really does. You can go right ahead and get your panties in a bunch about it and insist that we're accusing you of abuse or something, but you might want to remember that in order for us to eradicate this problem the way you suggest, we have to educate you, too since you actually have supported this process and are now getting upset on on internet forum because someone dared to tell you it wasn't actually all sunshine and roses the way you wanted it to be.

You're the one being so defensive and getting upset. No one is saying 'OMG DROWN YOUR DOG' for gently caress's sake. Just be aware of what this is.

BTW, this one of the things we are very firm about in Pet Island and we don't exactly make a secret of it. You may want to read the new Puppy FAQ for more information about backyard breeders, because posting like this is pretty much guaranteed to cause a shitstorm and it's not fair to this nice thread.

Captain Foxy fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Jul 26, 2009

SUPER HASSLER
Jan 31, 2005

Is it possible to have a picture thread on PI without this getting retreaded and retreaded and retreaded?

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

I love Hitler and Hitler loves me! He's not all bad, Hitler just needs someone to believe in him! Can't you just give Hitler a chance?

SpermyShermy posted:

Is it possible to have a picture thread on PI without this getting retreaded and retreaded and retreaded?

It's possible if you're aware of the Puppy FAQ and the Rules before you post.

Ceridwen
Dec 11, 2004
Of course... If the Jell-O gets moldy, the whole thing should be set aflame.

Chocolate ball!

Rusty looking regal:

Both dogs (ignore the purebred golden we are petsitting):

Bonus pic of Megatron (my cousin's 6 month old GSD mix):

HondaCivet
Oct 16, 2005

And then it falls
And then I fall
And then I know

Ceridwen posted:

Chocolate ball!

Rusty looking regal:

Both dogs (ignore the purebred golden we are petsitting):

It is evident from your pictures that Rusty KNOWS how pretty he is. He is pretty :smug: about it too.

Also "Megatron" is a hilarious dog name. I think it would only be funnier on a hamster or something.

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

Ceridwen posted:

The name combined with the look on his face is just adorable.

Also I agree that Rusy is the living embodiment of :smug:

Scary Ned
Mar 16, 2007

very scary
My best friend's craigslist mutt on our most recent camping trip. He's a wirehaired something-or-other.

Briz believes he has an adequate number of blankies for the trip.

Redwoods and dogs go nicely together.

OMG a squirrel!!!!

A tired dog is a good dog.

bamzilla
Jan 13, 2005

All butt since 2012.

Ok folks I'll only say this once: stop with the BYB derailing bullshit. The person already bought the dog not much they can do. Drop it.

bub spank
Feb 1, 2005

the THRILL
Bath Mutts!

Unhappily wet mutt!

Clean Mutts!

Tiger Crazy
Sep 25, 2006

If you couldn't find any weirdness, maybe we'll just have to make some!
Casey as a puppy and Pippin (gray one) Pippin is a Schnauzer and Maltese and Casey is a lab rottweiler we think.

Next we have all three dogs. Ness is the medium sized mutt. We have no drat idea what she is. When we bought her we thought she was going to get bigger than she is right now. She is also very skittish but finally after a 3 years she will go up to strangers. Still a little camera shy.

And here is Casey alone all 105 pounds of him.

Death By SnuSnu
Jun 7, 2007
Compare your lives to mine and kill yourselves.
Sadie the Disney dog! She's an absolute sweetheart. I think she's part Border Collie. Very smart, I think she knows English.

Chauntecleer
Mar 15, 2006
Rawr!
Here is the picture of Noah (on the right) that the shelter posted on their website:

They had named him Bob, and he was brought in with five of his brothers and sisters.
The rest of the litter had all been adopted out when my husband and I got down there, and Noah would probably have only been kept another day or two if we hadn't adopted him.

Click here for the full 960x1280 image.

The people at the pound said he's a Black Lab/Border Collie mix, which I believe considering his hair, coloring, and size. And if I understand correctly, he takes after the BC habits of being very vocal with his whines and little noises, but isn't barky at all. He likes to yawn and then taper off the exhale with "AWOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooo." He also sighs very dramatically whenever he thinks you're ignoring him. The only thing about those breeds is that they're both smart working dogs, yet Noah can't catch for the life of him. He's so terrible at running after tennis balls because he always loses them in the lawn. He can't even sniff out a piece of hamburger if we drop it on the deck for him. He is inept, but endearing.

Click here for the full 1280x960 image.

He loves sleeping on dirty laundry, like I'm sure many other dogs do. He also loves sneezes, and will come running across any great distance to stand in front of your nose while you sneeze on his face.

Anyway, now Noah is grown up and clearly very dignified.

He loved it when we got four feet of snow last year, even though he's scared of thunderstorms. And any other loud noise, and car rides, and kennels, and getting his nails clipped.

He is a really wonderful dog 90% of the time, but has separation anxiety that we think developed from being a pound dog. He also might have been the runt of his litter, since he was the last one to be adopted out. He is so sweet and loving, and will sleep with his head on your lap all day if you let him, but he used to just rip all the furniture to pieces if we left him alone inside for even 15 minutes. He's started growing out of it, and now that he has a backyard he seems much happier. We just hope if we keep loving him and training him that he won't be so fearful of other things like the car and nail clippers someday.

The other mutt in my life is Moses, who I don't have many pictures of. He's actually my parent's dog, but they don't take good care of him at all. We think he's half Husky and half Queensland Heeler, but we aren't really sure. He was found chasing a golf cart on a high school campus trying to bite its tires, so we're pretty sure about the Heeler half of his genetics. Thing is, he's super smart and has a ton of energy, but my parents just leave him locked up in his kennel all day. They feed him, but they never walk him or let him out in their (huge) yard to exercise. It's so sad. He's never even been socialized with another dog since he was a tiny puppy. But my mom and dad are sending him to be our dog in a few weeks, and we are very excited to have him.

Papaya
Apr 4, 2005

I'm a creepy furry who feels entitled to other people's babies, but only if they are white. Yiff!
My current dogs are purebreds (one from a BYB when I was in high school, the other a rescue) but I do have some past dogs to share :3:

Trisha I adopted from a local shelter. She was a beagle/basset mix, lemon and white, and had the most delightful personality. She was insanely smart, which is what killed her in the end along with a combination of stupidity on behalf of my ex and myself (though, I blame my ex since he was supposed to be watching her, and myself for being with the ex in the first place [hindsight]).
She was a good 40, 45 lbs or so. Perfect size.

She'd always look at me ugly like in these next two. I never knew why.

She also LOVED swimming, even though she was terrible at it with her little legs.

She was also one of the last dogs that my Ridgeback actually liked before she became dog-aggressive. :(

Foxi was another rescue. We thought she was a Basenji mix, based on her personality and the lack of a bark but the wide range of mysterious, terrible sounds she'd make. Who knows, she was pretty cute though. When the ex left me he took both Fox and Apple (next) and his new gf let Fox offleash and she was hit by a car :downs: They had the audacity to lie to me about it so I spent many hours wasting my time looking for her in shelters and posting lost ads when really, she was never missing at all. Ugh.

She totally had bat ears.

She also roached a lot.

This was the last time I got to see her after my ex took the dogs. I got to take them out to the lake and took some nice photos of them. Sigh. I never took enough photos of her.

We found Apple right after we got Foxi. After she grew up some, we believed she might be a Great Dane/Pit mix. There certainly are tons of stray pits around here, and a massive amount of Danes in rescue so it wouldn't surprise me if one made a pairing. Apple has the Dane body and the pit blockhead, with the long ears and lips of a Dane too - she's the best. My ex still has her (his gf posts photos of her all over her facebook and myspace, and I'm a loser who stalks them to keep an eye out on my dog's wellbeing) and she looks okay, I guess. She looks so old though, even though she's only four this year.
When we first found her, she was flea infested and really sick. She was miserable.

She was so thin, too, even after a couple of weeks with us :(

But she was SO HAPPPY

These next two pictures were taken about two and a half to three weeks apart. Look at her massive growth! She grew like crazy - which probably didn't help much for that good ol' hip dysplasia she had goin' on.

"I love dirt!"

She and Foxi were best buds.

And when I got Beetle, Apple became the mother he was ripped from too early. She loved him so very much when he was tiny.

Foxi also liked Beetle, and they all got along fairly well.

Just the girls, all fully grown back in the day.

That's all my mutts! I'll have more someday!

atomic johnson
Dec 7, 2000

peeping-tom techie with x-ray eyes
Here are two 7-week-old mutt puppies Daphne and Darla, seen here at the vet's office yesterday just chilled out... my girlfriend and I got them two days ago from her parents' neighbor. Their mom is a beagle that was probably somebody's hunting dog that didn't make it back in time (apparently it happens a lot, hunters just leave them out in the woods if the dogs don't make it back before they go). Their dad is kind of a neighborhood dog that's, as far as we know, some kind of terrier. She started hanging around, begging weenies off anyone who would feed her, and out came eight little puppies.

Good thing we got them to the vet ASAP - they were jam-packed with roundworm and hookworm, probably coccidia too, based on symptoms, but the vet couldn't say either way since there was so much roundworm and hookworm. We're taking them back to the vet after they're worm-free to check for coccidia and anything else that may be lurking in there.

Anyway, Daphne is the one with the brown face, showing her tummy. She's all white except her head and the base of her tail. Darla is all black and white spots, even her little pads have spots on them and she's got freckles all the way down her front legs. They both have beagle faces with wirehair fox terrier "mustaches".

The great thing is that they are REALLY, REALLY good about letting us know when they have to go outside. Unfortunately, we can't yet tell the difference between whining because they need to potty and whining because they're bored and just want to romp around in the grass and try to eat mulch... :(

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Here is my sister's dog, Daisy. We don't know what she is, but we strongly suspect that she is at least part German Shepherd. There are no puppy pictures as sis got her from a shelter when she was fully grown. Daisy is a very pleasant and playful dog and easily grows fond of anyone that isn't a mailman or newspaper boy. :3:

Daisy has this weird quirk about ice. Her favorite treat, believe it or not, are ice cubes. She goes absolutely nuts for them. My sister saves a ton of money on doggie treats because of this. Mind you, she still buys some proper dog snacks too.

She seems to like the camera.

Enjoying the sea breeze while boating.

Tuckered out now, after a day on the ocean water.

Don't worry, she was wearing a life jacket while we were mobile! See?

It was a hot day, so we would take the jacket off whenever we weren't moving and give her a piece of fresh ice berg ice that we picked up nearby as a nice cool snack :)

GundanianBlitz
Aug 7, 2006

It's hug therapy! It's supposed to calm him -- oh god, I think he just used the restroom in his shorts.
My guy Banzai is a Shiba Inu/Schipperke. The owners who dropped him off at the shelter filled out an info sheet about him so I know they got him from a breeder (hurrr). What they (and the shelter) failed to mention was his severe patellar luxation, and one day we took him to the dog park and he tore his ACL. They never leash walked him, left him outside all day, and locked him in the bathroom at night.

Other than the ACL replacement surgery we had to get him a month after adoption, he's living a happy life as an indoor dog.

The day we brought him home

At the park (post surgery)

Click here for the full 799x536 image.

Killitkillitkillit

Innocuous
Mar 1, 2003

It's a strange world.

Mak0rz posted:

Here is my sister's dog, Daisy. We don't know what she is, but we strongly suspect that she is at least part German Shepherd. There are no puppy pictures as sis got her from a shelter when she was fully grown. Daisy is a very pleasant and playful dog and easily grows fond of anyone that isn't a mailman or newspaper boy. :3:

Daisy has this weird quirk about ice. Her favorite treat, believe it or not, are ice cubes. She goes absolutely nuts for them. My sister saves a ton of money on doggie treats because of this. Mind you, she still buys some proper dog snacks too.

She seems to like the camera.

Enjoying the sea breeze while boating.

Tuckered out now, after a day on the ocean water.

Don't worry, she was wearing a life jacket while we were mobile! See?

It was a hot day, so we would take the jacket off whenever we weren't moving and give her a piece of fresh ice berg ice that we picked up nearby as a nice cool snack :)

She reminds me of my shepherd mutt, especially the ears. :3:

toastR
Mar 15, 2001

to infinity and beyond!
Meet Enzo, we adopted him a couple of weeks ago at the local shelter. Excuse the shoddy images, I just pulled them off my phone.

He was listed as Chihuahua/Other, not sure what the other is though. Multiple people think it's probably dachshund though, so he's a Chiweenie?

He has a pretty long body.

Do you have food??

He reeeeally likes to laze around all day.

Always on the cutting edge of dog fashion.

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

toastR posted:

He was listed as Chihuahua/Other, not sure what the other is though. Multiple people think it's probably dachshund though, so he's a Chiweenie?

He looks almost exactly like my college mentor's dog, who is definitely dachshund/chi (puppy mill designer dog), so I'd say that's a safe bet.

toastR
Mar 15, 2001

to infinity and beyond!
Cool, here he is playing with himself/trying to make food appear:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fw8XQKC1I1Q

Farrok
May 29, 2006

This is Rodney on the first day we got him from the shelter just after Christmas!
He's so fluffy! He's about 60 pounds, but looks a lot bigger.

They thought he was about a year old and that he was a GSD/Saint Bernard mix.
We think he's a GSD/Bernese Mountain Dog mix because he is extremely cuddly and has a slightly white tipped tail.

Look how happy he is to be out of a cage!

Curly Bernese hair!

Yes, he's sitting on my fiance.

But he's pretty cute under the covers, too.

Aroo?

Just a few weeks ago after the hot weather made his pretty Bernese hair fall out. Suddenly he's a GSD!

I have a pretty cute video of him playing, but I don't have time to edit it atm. Maybe sometime soon!

gogogiraffes
Dec 27, 2007

Chauntecleer posted:

Anyway, now Noah is grown up and clearly very dignified.

Noah is clearly living the life now. And looks very VERY happy :3:

dog with eyebrows
Feb 19, 2005

GundanianBlitz posted:

banzai

I gotta shiba mix too :3:

Ginnyyyyyyy

She's half shiba inu, the rest is a mystery. Probably German Shepherd or Doberman Pinscher?

Shiba mixes rock--she's got all the funny quirks and personality traits of a shiba and none of the weird behavioral problems. I call her...Daywalker.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Ceridwen posted:

Kara is our recent addition. I adopted her from the shelter. She's definitely at least mostly lab, beyond that I have no clue.

Could she be lab-doberman? My dog has similar markings and (from what I can see in these pictures and the new ones on page 3) a similar body. The only difference is that my Moose hunts like a bird of prey.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ThirstyGirl
Oct 18, 2005

You are the memory that lives on forever, the shadow that stands by our side.
Here is Murphy as a puppy. Crazy rear end ears :3:

He looks stockier in this one than he actually is:

Relaxing in the sand:

We've gotten so many guesses as to what he's a mix of including lab, pit bull, chow, and akita. The giant ears are the biggest mystery, some people say shepherd but his ears are very rounded, like a corgi-although of course he looks nothing like a corgi. :)

Ceridwen
Dec 11, 2004
Of course... If the Jell-O gets moldy, the whole thing should be set aflame.

Bob Socko posted:

Could she be lab-doberman? My dog has similar markings and (from what I can see in these pictures and the new ones on page 3) a similar body. The only difference is that my Moose hunts like a bird of prey.

I don't think so for two reasons.

First, she's tiny for a lab (19 inches at the shoulder and 50lbs soaking wet), and even smaller for a dobe. This is probably why doberman mix is a popular guess from photos but not in person.

Second, the markings she has are brindled, not just tan (if I flip her over, her legs are striped, not solid tan like on your pup).

She also has a pretty short, thick muzzle, rather than the thinner one a dobe would have.

I think she would have to be mixed with something that has a brindle gene and is smaller than a lab(whippet? pit? dunno). Behaviorally she acts a bit like a beagle and the size would fit but it doesn't explain the color and she doesn't look much like one. :iiam:

Moose is gorgeous, I'd love to see more pics!

Terrestrial Octopus
Nov 5, 2008

ThirstyGirl posted:

an adorable mutt

My crazy guess is lab x french bulldog!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

ThirstyGirl posted:

Relaxing in the sand:

We've gotten so many guesses as to what he's a mix of including lab, pit bull, chow, and akita. The giant ears are the biggest mystery, some people say shepherd but his ears are very rounded, like a corgi-although of course he looks nothing like a corgi. :)

He appears to be part Bulldozer

Seriously the dog is built like a tank in that last pic, he would be fun to wrestle.