Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redpython
Sep 17, 2006

You remind me of the babe!

Silver Nitrate posted:

Edmund

Person included for scale.

This dog is ridiculously beautiful!!

Here is Bear and Trunks. Bear is Pitt/Lab about 45lbs, Trunks is Rotty/GSD and around 105lbs. Bear is my roomates, Trunks is my girl. She is 105lbs of potential killing machine but is afraid of EVERYTHING.

Here is Trunks with Gauge. (My fiance's purebred American Bulldog, he's about 110lbs)

That's right, we paid extra for the ugly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rvrnd. Riot
Jan 12, 2008
On the fast track to a punched face.

Sutureself posted:

About a year ago where I walk dogs there was a dutch shepherd. He was listed as a belgian shepherd mix but come on! He was a totally awesome dude. He would hug everyone he met and was really well-behaved (aside from jumping on everyone he met).

Here's an image for comparison.

Click here for the full 800x600 image.

Belgian Malinois/Dutch Shepherd maybe? The Belgian Shepherds and Dutch Shepherd are super closely related breeds anyway.

Rvrnd. Riot fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Sep 29, 2009

winstor
Sep 20, 2009
Rescued Bindi here Sunday before last. She is 1 year old and is supposedly an Amstaff x Staff and weighs ~50lb.

winstor fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Sep 30, 2009

Little_Dead_Pets
Jul 3, 2006

More Vinnie & co. Vin's tail has unraveled so much in the past few months. When my folks first adopted him, his tail was just this long, ratty thing and people would always comment "a shame it's too late to dock him, his tail's pretty fugly"....... But as you can see it has developed quite nicely :h:

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Little_Dead_Pets posted:

More Vinnie & co. Vin's tail has unraveled so much in the past few months. When my folks first adopted him, his tail was just this long, ratty thing and people would always comment "a shame it's too late to dock him, his tail's pretty fugly"....... But as you can see it has developed quite nicely :h:

Vinnie seems to be friends with a number of very large, very awesome dogs. He is also clearly an Action Dog.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
I got a border collie/something mix from the pound at the end of june, she should be about 6 months old now and weighs about 30 pounds. Ive heard people say they see pit and people say they see lab. Curious to see how big she ends up.

here she is when we got her

any ideas?

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!
I'll post a pic of our pup in a little while but yours looks VERY similar to her. She's a pit mix and her litter looked like pit/GSD though she doesn't look very GSD. Many people have said, and we're starting to see it a bit, that she might have Border Collie. I think I have an identical picture to the first one you posted, trying to dig it up now. Also, she makes the same face rolling on her back like that third pic, so loving adorable.

EDIT: Can't find it but we took a couple new ones. Both of her ears are usually up but she's just getting over an ear infection in her left ear so she's been holding it back lately.

rivals fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Oct 2, 2009

WAFFLEHOUND
Apr 26, 2007
This is my friend's literal Wal-Mart-Lot dog:

His name is Lorax, and he's full size. Anybody see any particular breeds in him? He has huge paws.

Sutureself
Sep 23, 2007

Well, here's my answer...

FAROESE WAFFLEHOUND posted:

His name is Lorax, and he's full size. Anybody see any particular breeds in him? He has huge paws.

Looks like a stuffed animal to me. :colbert:

Maybe some schnauzer/spaniel?

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I see poodle in there for sure, but apart from that dunno, maybe some sort of terrier?

edit: actually it might be spaniel instead of poodle, but he seems very small for having spaniel in him.

hotsauce
Jan 14, 2007
Bailey and Sampson.

Sampson is, I think, a German Shepard / Akita mix.

Bailey is a mystery. Maybe a little Chow / Golden Retriever / Collie? He closely resembles a fox.

Both humane society dogs. Best dogs ever.

hotsauce fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Oct 3, 2009

poster girl
Jan 24, 2009

Makin Posters - It's a living.
We got Soli from a friend. We know the mom is border collie and wirehair terrier...but she is really compact and brown and black and he turned out nothing like her. The friend said she thought the father might be the sneaky Malamute down the street but I have my doubts... He was the last one left of the litter because no one wanted a fluffy dog. Their loss! He is lovely and only has a undercoat in the winter...doesn't even shed that much (we did get him clipped this summer though).

BTW, he is super freaking smart, quiet mellow and LOVES flyball!

His first day home

A few weeks later, first visit to the beach

A couple of months down the road

A couple of months after that - I like this shot of him because you can see how solid he is and his proportions - he is about 50lbs now as an adult (maybe could afford to lose a couple of those though!)

Early Spring, before the clipping

Soli a couple of weeks ago...coat growing back in (he's also a little wet from swimming)

poster girl
Jan 24, 2009

Silly me, I meant to post this last photo...
Soli now:

and he has dark grey fur under the white fur...no freaking kidding!

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

Nikita's a German Shepherd/Malamute mix at 9 months old. She's easily the most sociable dog I've ever had.

Crash BandiCute
Nov 8, 2004

Dona Nobis Pacem

poster girl posted:

Early Spring, before the clipping

I had to save this picture, it's the perfect happy dog on a rainy walk in the woods picture!

facey fred
Sep 17, 2007
quite facey
Meet Sketcher. The shelter we picked him up from says he's a poodle/cocker mix, which looks about right. He is super dopey, but very sweet.

Here he is on the day we brought him home. (Note: This is the first and last time we bought him a toy that allowed him to leave both shredded rope and stuffing all over the house.)

Why are you photographing me?

Toy. Nom, nom, nom.

Camping. He's actually the first dog I've had that didn't like camping. Lazyass much prefers the couch.

el Gonzo
Apr 14, 2006
We've been scratching our heads on Dora's mix for a long time. Our best guess is that she's a pit/x mix. She's about 28 pounds and the most awesome dog my wife or I have ever had.

When we adopted her they said she was a pit/chihuahua mix. Then we heard JRT, Rat Terrier, etc. Our vets don't know. We don't know. Maybe someone from PI can help us out?

I tried to post some pics that show her face/body. If you need more for a guess I'll round some more up.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f166/tori916/doraB_theBisfor_Bear013.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f166/tori916/dorab007.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f166/tori916/dora188.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f166/tori916/dora217.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f166/tori916/lamp020.jpg

sexily
Jul 25, 2001

Oh, is this 1953?
Oh, oh I have a mutt! This is Robyn. We adopted her from a rescue when she was about 8 months old. They had her listed as a Corgi mix. She has stumpy front legs :)

She's about a year and 3 months now and hasn't gotten much bigger. About 12 pounds.

Ms. Fabulosity!
Aug 31, 2008

el Gonzo posted:

When we adopted her they said she was a pit/chihuahua mix.

:roflolmao: im sorry but how is that even physically possible. Did they give the little guy a hand up or what?! Hahahaha good thinking shelter workers of America. :patriot:

Scooty Puff Jr.
Oct 2, 2004
Who's ready for safe fun?

poster girl posted:

Soli a couple of weeks ago...coat growing back in (he's also a little wet from swimming)

At first when I saw this picture I was like "That looks familiar" but chalked it up to "Yeah, Pacific Northwest!"

Then I checked your profile and realized that you live in the Comox valley, which is where I grew up. Weird!

On topic: Your dog is incredibly adorable.

el Gonzo
Apr 14, 2006

Ms. Fabulosity! posted:

:roflolmao: im sorry but how is that even physically possible. Did they give the little guy a hand up or what?! Hahahaha good thinking shelter workers of America. :patriot:

I imagine it involved an ambitious male chihuahua, a step ladder, and a bottle of Courvoisier.

poster girl
Jan 24, 2009

LOL that is funny...those are the woods behind Highland, we got Soli in Union Bay. (the other shots are in the woods by crown isle, goose spit, point holmes beach, tribune bay on Hornby Is...

Further on topic: "Thanks! We are completely smitten with Soli"

Scooty Puff Jr. posted:

At first when I saw this picture I was like "That looks familiar" but chalked it up to "Yeah, Pacific Northwest!"

Then I checked your profile and realized that you live in the Comox valley, which is where I grew up. Weird!

On topic: Your dog is incredibly adorable.

poster girl fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Oct 4, 2009

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
Mutts rule

I don't know what breeds are in my dogs (other than the one is probably an Akita-Shepard mix with something else thrown in)

Here's Jesse

and here's Hank

years ago, here's him more recently.

He's getting pretty old for a large breed, he's like 12, 13 years old now. He's the best dog :3:

If anyone can figure out either one's breed combination, you've a better eye than I

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

Hank looks like some of the chow mixes I've met, though they usually had the blue tongue.

Jesse looks like maybe a spitz breed of some kind, maybe mixed in with shepherd and maybe not. In fact, Jesse kind of reminds me of some of the pictures of the "Oki dogs" who roam around Okinawa - they're mostly spitz with a little splash of whatever mixed in.

Baggie
Jan 18, 2007
I'm rescuing this cute guy on the 19th. He's an Akita mix and I don't and they don't know what he is a mix of, came up with some ideas, but in comparison they got shot down. Was wondering if anyone could shoot a guess.

BOrangeFury
Feb 18, 2005

by T. Fine

FAROESE WAFFLEHOUND posted:

This is the most apropriately named dog ever, for it is indeed, the Lorax.

Warbadger posted:

It's actual the rare Mamoth Coyote with a severe personality disorder. It thinks it's people.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

Zorak posted:

This dog has the sweetest face I've ever seen. :3:

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Kerfuffle posted:

This dog has the sweetest face I've ever seen. :3:

She is a sweety :3: Jesse is a real sweetheart, it really disgusts me to know that her old owners beat her before we adopted her from the shelter :( She was afraid of women for awhile, apparently her old owner/ primary beater was a woman

Both my dogs are sweet to incredibly degrees and I lovem for it

Hank is an Akita mix but doesn't have any of the "negative" Akita behavioral stuff I hear about so much. Friendly family dog who loves everyone and everything except vacuums

Zorak fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Oct 8, 2009

poster girl
Jan 24, 2009

Pittie Shepherd? Maybe? (I am so not an expert at this though) Super cute though, good smile :)

Baggie posted:

I'm rescuing this cute guy on the 19th. He's an Akita mix and I don't and they don't know what he is a mix of, came up with some ideas, but in comparison they got shot down. Was wondering if anyone could shoot a guess.

buffybot
Nov 7, 2002

Baggie posted:

I love how only one of his ears flops over. :3:

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Baggie posted:

fukkin' dog's got serious Hippo Head and a massive chest, would be suprised if no pit in him but the coat etc. don't look it at all.

Dead Pikachu
Mar 25, 2007

I wish you were real.
The ear flop reminds me of Hachiko. Pretty sure he was an Akita.

Awesome Kristin
May 9, 2008

yum yum yum
This is Dante. I was told his father's mother was full Husky, and that his father was Chow. I don't know if they knew what his mom was. All I know is he is amazing. I didn't have a job when I raised him and he is very well behaved now that he is 4.
His only problem is constant whining. It's as if he thinks it is the only way he can communicate and it does get annoying. I love him more than anything though!

Click here for the full 586x766 image.

Click here for the full 800x600 image.

He gets mistaken for a German Shepherd all the time and it bugs me.

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe

Zorak posted:

Here's Jesse

That's the most shobon dog ever. :shobon:

poster girl
Jan 24, 2009

Samba just joined our family...
We know that she is part border collie...obviously there's way more in there than that!

This is her 'bunny puppy' thing she does right now (she has yet to learn how to run properly_

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1QO7dK_5D0

This one isn't mine but can anyone tell me what kind of dog this is?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l7LbSMA-AA

Lowly
Aug 13, 2009

Wow, those blue eyes ...

This is Buster:

He's lab/pit/herding dog/misc. as far as my best guess goes. We actually got him DNA tested out of curiosity, but he's such a mutt they couldn't really determine precisely what he was, just give us a percentage of types his DNA fell into. I was surprised because he looks like he's mostly pit. His DNA test says he is 73% "hunting dog" and my best guess is lab due to his personality.

He is the best dog. He's completely lazy and he doesn't care what shenanigans you pull on him as long as he can be part of the activity, which leads to me doing things like this:

Doggie of Arabia :3:

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Frantick posted:

I was surprised because he looks like he's mostly pit. His DNA test says he is 73% "hunting dog" and my best guess is lab due to his personality.

Was the test that you got able to recognize pit? We thought about doing it for our pit mix pup but none of the tests we found recognized pits so we figured all of the results would be jumbled/inaccurate.

buffybot
Nov 7, 2002
I would imagine that any pit would fall under American Staffordshire terrier. I'm planning to test Sputnik after the holiday season, when I can recoup some money after Christmas.

Enelrahc
Jun 17, 2007

rivals posted:

Was the test that you got able to recognize pit? We thought about doing it for our pit mix pup but none of the tests we found recognized pits so we figured all of the results would be jumbled/inaccurate.

I think the newest wisdom panel now gets a few of the bully breeds, but I think it still doesn't get APB...which I can imagine being a smidge by design maybe. We just ran four of them on some generic looking shelter pitties on Saturday, so it will be hilarious if it comes back as some random maltese mix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Chickan Raptor posted:

I would imagine that any pit would fall under American Staffordshire terrier. I'm planning to test Sputnik after the holiday season, when I can recoup some money after Christmas.

The ones I looked at from petco (one that found up to 50 breeds and another that did 100) didn't even have amstaff. If we could find one that did recognize at least American Staffordshire we'd probably get it done on Eris.