Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sapid
Oct 10, 2006
Just a special way of saying "Please Work Out!"
We just adopted a mutt! Her name is Gia and she's half heeler and half husky. I suspect blue heeler / alaskan husky, but she could be red / syberian (or malamute). In any case she is all hilarious, very quiet unless someone knocks on the door which warrants a quick "woof" and a growl, snuggly, hyperactive, wicked smart, fantastic with strangers... And a complete and utter ham for pictures.

This is the picture her previous owner sent us, taken this summer when she was still fairly small.

She's about 9 months old now we think and will hold a pose until the camera flash goes off if she sees me pointing the camera at her. These were taken over about one minute. She would pose, wait for the flash, pose again, etc.

Just look at those husky feet.

This is the only decent full body shot of her I have so far. We're so busy working on recall training in the yard with her when we go out right now so I don't have a good shot of her tail. It's just as fluffy as her butt and she'll perk it up and let it flop onto her back.

She also adores sitting in my boyfriend's lap with her tongue hanging out but won't let me get a picture of it hanging out the side of her mouth.

I've come to believe that mixing two intelligent breeds makes for a mutt who's too smart for her own good. Such is the case with Gia. She enjoys pretending she's deaf or doesn't understand us (she'll tilt her ears instead of her entire head when she's actually confused, just stares when she's faking). As to her intelligence coupled with being a stubborn teenager... I managed to spill something on the kitchen floor (hadn't noticed it yet) not too long before feeding time. So while I was getting her food and whatnot she took to licking the spot on the floor. I told her no and tried to distract her with a bit of kibble so she flopped down on her side and curled up to pretend to lick her belly. Had I just glanced at her I honestly would have thought she had a belly itch she was working on with her teeth. The sound of tongue on linoleum gave her away. Sneaky sneaky thing.

Edit: I should note that I'm too lazy to fix the time/date stamp on my POS camera.

Sapid fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Dec 15, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU