Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

He has a little pibble around the face but if he's as skinny as he looks in the picture I doubt anyone would call it obvious. He is a lab cross so just call him that. Remember we're kind of dog crazy in this forum so something that's obvious to us isn't to most people who just see "cute doggie".

Super cute mutts ITT. I really miss my childhood dog Duchess, she looked a lot like Rusty color-wise (black on top tan on the legs/belly/face) but smooth very fine short hair and her tail curled up into a circle. I always wonder wtf she was, but I don't have the picture here.

Edit: After doing a bunch of research she had to have been a black and tan Coonhound mix of some kind. She looked exactly like one in fur texture and markings except she had lab-type perk up ears and a very thin (not lab at all) face and the tail curved over into a loop instead of standing up. I remember her being a great hunting dog and boy she could bay if something was wrong.

mistaya fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Aug 8, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Norwegian Wood posted:

This is Bocca Agador Spartacus:

Click here for the full 900x824 image.

He is 50% labrador, and I am uncertain of the other 50%.

At first I thought it could be rotweiler, but now I`m leaning more towards German Sheperd.

Any thoughts?

My Winston looked JUST like this (except chocolate instead of black) right down to the white blaze. He was supposedly just a farm lab but I've never seen another lab with a white splash on his chest and he was way heavier and stockier than a proper lab with the big bear head and all.

Man this picture brings me back. I miss that dawg. (RIP)

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Norwegian Wood posted:

My condolences. So it was a pure lab, only heavily built? Do you have any old pictures?

He had papers I think (it was a BYB, not a real breeder though, so other than "It is a lab," I don't think they said anything impressive.) This was my childhood dog and he lived to a ripe old age so no regrets really. :)

I didn't know show labs had gotten so stocky, that black one in the link just looks odd.

/end derail. More adorable mutts!