Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scary Ned
Mar 16, 2007

very scary
Buddy looks like a Cavalier mix to me, but also kind of beagle-ish. Does he make horrific noises that make you want to stab yourself in the face?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scary Ned
Mar 16, 2007

very scary

Neitherman posted:

Thanks. The pound said she was a GSD mix so I'm not surprised others think the same thing. I just can't get over how tiny her ears are in relation to her head. If she's part lab and part GSD I would expect her ears to be huge but I guess that's the luck of the genetic draw.

Fun lab fact: lab ears are supposed to be long enough to reach the inside corners of their eyes. Next time you see a lab, feel free to check the quality of their ear-size by attempting to cover their eyes with their ears. Most labs will enjoy this game.

Wheezy's ears don't look big enough to cover her eyes, they actually really look like sharpei ears to me. I can't think of another semi-common breed with little flippity ears like that. Anyone else?

Scary Ned
Mar 16, 2007

very scary

Mister Kingdom posted:

Here's my parents' dog, but they aren't sure exactly what he is. Any educated guesses?

It's a little hard to tell from just that picture. How big is he?

Scary Ned
Mar 16, 2007

very scary

Psychobabble! posted:

The ears remind me of generic floppy triangle terrier ears that you see on several breeds(pictured here on a JRT but larger breeds have them too: http://imgur.com/Vp7G6zN). I don't see GSD in that dog at all, most of the GSD mixes I see have bigger ears that still kinda attempt to stick up(and end up being weird half raised ones most of the time). I'd bet it has some lab in it with that coat, though.

Sure they look like little JRT button ears. They look like JRT-sized button ears on a large dog. Can you find me a large breed with such wittle-bitty ears?

Scary Ned
Mar 16, 2007

very scary

Mister Kingdom posted:

About 24-30" long and about 20" tall at the shoulder. No idea about weight - maybe 35-40 lbs?

Maybe golden retriever/chow? I've met a few of those.

Scary Ned
Mar 16, 2007

very scary
This is not Brisbane:

This is Kip, one of our daycare dogs. He looks enough like Briz that his first day of daycare resulted in management asking why my dog was there on my day off.

I think Kip is Brisbane's good twin. He doesn't mind having his nails cut, and is generally much more easygoing about...everything.

Kip and Brisbane have an agreement that they will never look at the camera at the same time.

Kip is definitely an Australian cattledog mixed with something that has big floppy ears. Brisbane is part Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, I'm guessing Kip might be part beagle.

Scary Ned
Mar 16, 2007

very scary
Sounds to me like she's all cattledog. The working ones I grew up with were all that size, the bigger ones are a new thing. Smaller dogs don't get kicked.

Scary Ned
Mar 16, 2007

very scary

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

I didn't know mini cattledogs were a thing till recently. I took my regular sized cattledog to the vet and they took him back to do some bloodworm, and then the vet tech came back in with a mini cattledog and told me they'd stuck him in a shrink ray :3:

Mini cattledogs are a thing the way labradoodles are a thing. Their existence bugs the crap out of real cattledog people and ever breeder page for them is full of deformed nightmare dogs and obvious chihuahua mixes. Tiny traditional cattledogs are definitely a thing, keep in mind they've only been part of of the AKC since 1980. The ones I grew up with were maybe 25 pounds, tops. 30-40 lbs is normal if the dog isn't fat. 50+ and you're looking at show dogs. Apparently I'm one of those people who goes on about how conformation has ruined my breed now, sorry.

Scary Ned
Mar 16, 2007

very scary
You guys I have the derpiest cattledog ever at my house right now.

I'm fostering him for a rescue and they keep asking for nice pictures of him and I'm like "No seriously, that's what he looks like in real life. He always makes that face."

Pretty sure he's an Australian cattledog/Australian shepherd mix.

He's also good with big dogs, little dogs, rowdy dogs, cats, kids, turtles, and weird homeless people. He's been listed less than a week and we already have four applications to adopt him. He's a gem...unless you're a photographer...

Scary Ned
Mar 16, 2007

very scary

pizzadog posted:

Out of curiosity, what rescue and is it based in LA? Also agree, his face owns. More pics.

4Life, based in Orange County. I didn't see him on their website, but he's on their Facebook.

A serious portrait.

On. My. God.

I think this is his official rescue picture at the moment.

Just chilling in the fish department...

Scary Ned
Mar 16, 2007

very scary

That is amazing.

Scary Ned
Mar 16, 2007

very scary
Brisbane's came back 1/2 heeler, 1/8 AmStaff, 1/8 bullmastiff, 1/8 Cavalier. Knew about the heeler, the spaniel explains all the curly hair and flag tail, and he has the angulation of a fat blue hippo dog so I think we're good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scary Ned
Mar 16, 2007

very scary
Cute little scruffies! Are they evil like JRTs?