Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

This is Cherry's story. I'd been volunteering at a local shelter for over a year and after finally getting into an apartment that would allow dogs, I let my friends at the shelter know I'd be looking for a medium sized dog. A few weeks later, I was told they had the perfect dog for me. A rescue from a local reservation (fairly common around here) and that she was currently in a foster home as she was about to have a litter.

Once she got to the shelter, I went to visit her and loved her immediately. She was perfect, did not participate in the barking of the other dogs, perfect size, and affectionate. I wasted no time in getting the trial adoption started and brought her home with me. Most of the staff knew I was going to adopt soon and were surprised it wasn't one of the puppies, which usually are the ones being adopted up quickly. I didn't want the puppy hassles and also didn't want another momma dog sitting in the shelter for months, while the puppies are swept up in front of her.

They think she has some shepherd in there, but I'm happy to just say she is purebred mutt when asked. She learns fast, loves to cuddle one the couch, and always keeps me alert of the pesky rabbits on walks.

The day I met her.

Training with the gentle leader.

Relaxing during a spring walk.

Walking in the fresh snow.

Loves sitting on the patio and watching the neighborhood.

A good girl about to get a treat.

Waiting for a bone on her chewing blanket.

Lapdog, default cuddle mode.

Watching the human, alternative cuddle mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

StrixNebulosa posted:

I think my favorite thing about dog pictures is when the tail is a blur and you know why. :allears:

Tail blur you say

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

Instant Jellyfish posted:

Double posting on this extremely dead subforum because I asked Wisdom Panel for a new copy of my results and I guess now they don't even bother with small percentage breeds, they just say what "breed groups" they might be from.

I'd be fairly annoyed if I spent $85 to get 25% :shrug:. At least the wild guesses were entertaining. Personally I'd wait for a sale or coupon code and get an Embark.

How does the tree look? All those breed groups were from mixed breed grandparents on my dog. If the dog isn't a pure breed, it's a mix of some kind and you would need the test from that dog to really know.