Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monkey Hat
Jul 22, 2007

It's all the rage.
I'm a sucker for mutts, I wouldn't have it any other way. Best dogs ever.

When we moved into our first house, it felt so empty. A local rescue organization helped us out. We found this girl's picture & fell in love:

Click here for the full 609x407 image.

That's the closest we have to a puppy picture, though, she was two years old when we got her. Half Golden Retriever, half Australian Shepherd they said. We named her River. She's six now & going strong!

Also, the Tugboat pictures back a few pages back :3: Those really warmed my heart. They reminded me of my mother-in-law's big guy (he passed away about a year ago). This is Sherman, the strangest-looking dog I ever met. He was a German Shepherd, Basset mix & the gentlest, happiest dog ever:

Click here for the full 857x572 image.

He weighed about 90 pounds. He had the big barrel body of a German Shepherd...and the squatty legs of the Basset. If he laid down with his legs straight out, they didn't reach the end of his nose. They named him after the tank, because if he wanted to get through, nothing stood in his way!

He'd do anything for a belly rub:

Click here for the full 762x508 image.

My mother-in-law said he was so happy because everyone who saw him laughed & smiled, too :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Hat
Jul 22, 2007

It's all the rage.

Scary Ned posted:

I know I've remarked on this before, but your dog could almost be my dog.

Seriously, she's got to have some Australian cattledog in her, with the pointy ears and the freckle feet.

Oh, that face! Those ears are perfect :) Yeah, forgive an old lady with a bad memory, I remember posting them both a while back you saying something about that.

Her mix was just a guess by the rescue organization...River was taken from a man who called them & said "come get this dog or I'm going to shoot it, I'm going to prison tomorrow" so they didn't get a lot of information off of him. She certainly doesn't have the intelligence of a cattle dog (my mother-in-law has one, drat that dog is smart) but she does have some of that look. Her tongue is also part black, I'm not sure if that means something too.

Monkey Hat fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Aug 15, 2009