Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
iirc even purebred labs from long lines can have white spots. Although a pit/lab mix wouldn't surprise me at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

orenji posted:

We think he's a jack russel x. But cross what? I think he looks a lot like a chihuaha sometimes.

Aw good on you for giving that dog a good life during his last years. I'd guess either just a byb JRT or a JRT/chihuahua mix.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
Oh my god yes Porter, cutest mutt ever look at that dog.

N.N. Ashe, that is just a Brown Dog. There's too much mix to really even begin to guess well. Maybe some cattledog though?

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
I'd say lab/collie/retriever/fluffything.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

rawrr posted:

Whippet + ???

Kind of tempted to buy a DNA testing kit (Wisdom Panel Insight) - but reviews seem to be mixed. Has anyone used it before?

Do you have a bodyshot? Seeing mostly just whippet here. Dog DNA tests are..not so useful.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
They aren't too common, so it would be pretty unusual for one to be dumped I would think. I'd say some kind tricolor hound mix too.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
Looks just like a bigol'lab to me. :) Labs have a big size range, and this isn't the first time on here I've heard of them being that large.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

tardsteak posted:

HELLO THERE.
I last posted pictures of Porter about a year ago. This is him now, 18 months old and 70 lbs of useless.

He's a pretty swole up dog, and believe me he's twice as strong as he looks.

That dog is fat not swole feed him less.

Good to see Porter again though :)

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
Looks like a labby pitty thing to me.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

FeloniousDrunk posted:

Well drat, I had my Angus tested and I've been telling everyone he's a Shihtzhund (he came back as a Shih Tzu x Shorthaired Dachshund plus some undetermined content). Now I don't know what to think! Excellent dog though, does a great rug impression.

Pic:

Aha this dog looks awesome. I wanna brush and pet him. :3:

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

orenji posted:

I was inspired by the doggie DNA thing - and am going to get Benjamin tested. Place your bets ladies and gents - what mix do you think he is?!

I'd guess byb jack russel or jack russel/chihuahua or maybe doxie mix. He looks like a sweet dog. :3:

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
Bawww that's a great looking mutt. :3: I'll throw out Golden/chowchow/GSD or some kind of BrownDog. Look at that smug face. Love that super blue tongue too.

Hey PI, I know spotted tongues can appear in any dog ever, but can totally blue tongues show up too?

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

spixxor posted:

So new pup is supposed to be great dane/boxer. She has the biggest ears/feet I've ever seen on a puppy. :3: The boxer mixes I've seen usually have a bit smushier faces, though. And for some reason, someone cropped her tail at some point. :(

Also she's probably the most aloof puppy I've ever seen. If you call her and do the whole high pitched puppy voice thing she just kinda glances at you like she can't be bothered and goes about her day. She's also pretty lazy and easygoing for a 14 week old puppy.

You will relish that tail being docked when she gets older, dane tails are serious bruisers. She looks mostly dane, but I guess there could be boxer too, maybe it will be more obvious when she gets older.

Wanna flop those ears.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
My friend had a maltese mutt that looks pretty similar to that, less gangly than yours though, she was stumpier.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
I'd probably just say oversized field-type lab.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
I think a GSD mix is more likely than husky too. Some kind of shepherd mutt anyway. :)

also, dur, I didn't look at the coat type at all on the dane/lab doggy for some reason.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
Either I'm having deja vu or jgrrr has posting in PI before trying to believe his dog wasn't a pit.

Jgrr, please keep in mind regardless of your dog not displaying dog aggression, you really have to continue to take precautions like not allowing your dog off leash in a public area and never taking her to dog parks.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
Where did you get that adorable rug?

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

THE GAYEST POSTER posted:

I choose to believe this because I like telling people it's a "yorkiedoodle".

Do you hate your dog or something? :(

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
Spotty. Fluffy. omg. :3:

Gonna say some cattledog.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
Ahahaha :keke: She looks like she's mostly APBT with upright ears and not much else to be honest.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
Beagle/Boxer looks like a spot on guess to me. His tiny head is cute. :)

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
Its eyes are too small. :catstare:

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
I would guess lab/pit mix. She has a cute face. :3:

I also lol'd at the fatass lab in the last photo eating a stick.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
Yeah I'd guess chi/pug. Looks like a nice doggy. Toy breeds are companion dogs, so yeah, they like being around you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
I think the freckly one is more likely some kind of pointer mutt.