Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rvrnd. Riot
Jan 12, 2008
On the fast track to a punched face.

nbraunstein posted:

Looks like a purebred Dutch Shepherd to me. If so, you lucked out! Though I've never met one, everything I've read about them indicates that they're an amazing (if a bit high-energy) and very healthy breed. Dutch Shepherds are one of the few recognized breeds I'd personally consider seeking out for ownership.

Rvrnd. Riot fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Sep 28, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rvrnd. Riot
Jan 12, 2008

Sutureself posted:

About a year ago where I walk dogs there was a dutch shepherd. He was listed as a belgian shepherd mix but come on! He was a totally awesome dude. He would hug everyone he met and was really well-behaved (aside from jumping on everyone he met).

Here's an image for comparison.

Click here for the full 800x600 image.

Belgian Malinois/Dutch Shepherd maybe? The Belgian Shepherds and Dutch Shepherd are super closely related breeds anyway.

Rvrnd. Riot fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Sep 29, 2009

Rvrnd. Riot
Jan 12, 2008
This is Henry.

His mom is supposedly a pure beagle, but was sort of scrawny in a rat terrier kinda way so who knows.

Based on some unsubstantiated account of a mating featuring a sorta-boxer-looking dog, Henry's mom's owners had all the puppies tails docked (thinking they could sell them as boxers...)

Henry is a puppyish dork, and he is honored to be the bumper of this awesome thread. There are some great baby pictures of him somewhere...

Rvrnd. Riot fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Mar 30, 2012

Rvrnd. Riot
Jan 12, 2008

Ishkibibble_Fish posted:

Does he loooooove food?

Well, his ears are indicating to me that he's very interested in the poptart I just had to have when I stumbled in drunk tonight. One semi-stern "no beg" though and he is so, so ashamed.
I don't know about his mix, though his markings are so regular and lovely (especially when he was young (see first pic)) that I'm very sure he should be a breed of his own. His dashing blue tick scarf is an item of particular esteem.
He's dang smart and has tons of energy for his age. I taught him to shake in about ten minutes with little bits of biscuit (you're onto something, Fish-person) at age 7. Old dogs and new tricks indeed!

Scary Ned posted:

[fluff disparagement]
Henry wants to ask Brisbane for butt-fluff styling tips, but is afraid that he doesn't have quite enough of his own to be wasting an internet celebrity's time. I suggested that he stop worrying about it and go outside and do dog things instead.

Rvrnd. Riot fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Mar 30, 2012

Rvrnd. Riot
Jan 12, 2008
Hot dang, everybody's jumping on this cattledog bandwagon(what an adorable, fun bandwagon). Seriously though, the first picture (about ten posts down the first page, with the cat) in that cattledog thread is perfectly Henry. Minus beagle plus tail of course. I'd always wondered about him having some heeler, but never really looked into it.

Scary Ned posted:

clicker training

The training thread (and especially a life less' videos) inspired me to try "shake" and showed me how to do it. I guessed Henry'd be sharp enough to manage without the clicker, and so he did. He lives with my folks, and I'm just visiting, so I didn't bother with buying and "charging" a clicker. Next time I'm a dog owner though, it's clicker all the way.
I'd like to rerail by noticing what an awesome looking dog Snow Job's malamute mix is... Reminds me of stylized CG attack wolves in cheesy movies.