Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dimwitf
Apr 8, 2008

'morning.
Hot drat that's a lotta good-looking dogs!
We get a lot of "what kind of dog is that?" for ours, too...

When we got Bailey, he was only barely bigger than Lucy, my sister's Jack Russell:

He's since gotten a good deal bigger.

He's super-relaxed pretty much all the time, putting up with my stupid crap:

People are always saying "oh he MUST be part chow because of the tongue!" Further research has shown that this is probably untrue, but...whatever.

He's even good about my brushing his teeth!

He seems to have a Lab body with a German Shepherd paintjob, but lighter - most of the dark around his neck has faded to lighter now that he's about 2.

I saw some kind of service where you can get them tested to find out what their ancestry is, but...eh, who cares, he's fun and doesn't have neuroses or stupidity like a lot of purebreds seem to. Has anyone tried this out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dimwitf
Apr 8, 2008

'morning.

drat Bananas posted:

Wow, I'm strongly reminded of my mutt, sorta. Obviously very different, but the ears, tail, and coat are ringing some strong bells. Does he shed in tufts when blowing coat?
Not too much, mostly just small handfuls of fur in the corners of the house. But any scratching, petting, rolling around, &c. results in a few hairs coming loose, like he's constantly shedding a little. I vacuum the couch before having company...

dimwitf
Apr 8, 2008

'morning.

Kerfuffle posted:

Good god this dog looks like an alien no wonder people ask what the hell. I've only seen adult weimaraners, do all weimaraner puppies look this weird?

I'm imagining it growing like a cartoon; head inflates to full-size first and then other body parts follow.