Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Is that what you're posting?

poster girl posted:

This one isn't mine but can anyone tell me what kind of dog this is?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l7LbSMA-AA

Looks like a spitz breed or mix. Kind of like an Eurasier, but I don't know if they come in that coloration and that one was a bit small. Like a puppy loaf. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Jixamn posted:

Casper is without a doubt a German Shepard mix, would explain it's speed and affinity for water. Also it looks A LOT like a german shepard.

:rolleyes: Yes, this was already acknowledged:

Brainwrong posted:

This is Casper. He was a puppy, but now he's not. We have no idea what he is. GSD, yes but there's something else in there too. He's 2 now and quite small and skinny. He also moves like a bat out of hell and can outrun most dogs he meets.

Any ideas?

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

ExtremeODD posted:

Just got a puppy from a coworker, the mom is a "bordador" half boarder collie and half Labrador. The dad is they believe to be a neighbors pitbull, one of the friendliest dogs Ive ever met. Just a hair over 4 weeks old or so, cute little bastard.

Literally everything is wrong with this.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Flesh Forge posted:

It seems like maltese + anything makes for a pretty awesomely cute mutt:
http://www.google.com/images?um=1&hl=en&q=maltese+mix

I understand the ethical problems with people doing this on purpose but - goddamn them's some cute puppies.

Maltese are cute on their own. Actually, they're cuter undiluted.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Can anyone give me any clues as to what kind of dog my boyfriend has? She's some sort of mutt he adopted a few years ago. She's about 18 pounds of boundless energy, with a completely smooth black and tan coat and a tail that curves upward. I suspect there might be dachshund mixed up in there somewhere, but she seems very terrier-ish as well.

Click here for the full 800x600 image.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

a life less posted:

She looks a lot like a Chihuahua I know, but is about twice the size. She's probably just a super mutted up terrier mix, but hey maybe there's some Chi in there.

Haha, apparently the shelter had passed her off as a "Chihuahua/Rottie mix," but no one ever believed that. :downs: All I could imagine was a tiny dog on a stepstool going to town on a big ole girl dog who doesn't even notice.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Invalid Octopus posted:

She looks a bit shar pei to me, what with the wrinkles and expression.

What are the odds that a random mutt is part Sharpei, though? They're not really that common in most parts.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Veskit posted:

She's at least 75% poodle, and has slight features of other things they mix into toy poodles. Go look up the temperaments of toy/mini poodles online and see if they match up how the dog acted and take it from there.

Additionally, if you're looking up breed traits, go through the official breed club website. Sites like dogbreeds.misinfo and puppiez4sale.com are horrifically inaccurate, but often the first ones to come up when you search for a dog breed.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

cryingscarf posted:

I love how the brown eyebrows on a black face just has "Rottweiler."

My boyfriend's 22 lb. full-grown mutt is apparently a Rottweiler! :downs:

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

GnuUzir posted:

That is what we were told to begin with, but the DNA came back with those results. Either they or wrong or or he just combines breeds to look like this :iiam:

Yeah, those DNA tests are generally pretty bunk. He's kinda pitty looking, but there could very well be some Bull Terrier mixed up in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Veev posted:

The second dog isn't mine, he belongs to a relative. We don't know anything about him, they just found him in the forest one day so they named him forest.

(these are horrible pictures but this dog just wouldn't stop moving!)

He has a ridge on his back but he was far too interested in what I was holding and I couldn't get any other angles on him. Neither dog is very photogenic, they move too much so I don't really have any other pictures. We've never had any idea as to what they are (sometimes I think Macy's secretly a cat) so I was just posting to see if anyone had a clue.

I'm seeing pug in the face and ears, and also those ridiculous turned-out feets. :3: