Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Brought home this adorable "South Texas Special" today. We've theorized some big mixture of red heeler, Australia cattle dog, lemon dalmatian, bull terrier, and/or shar pei. No idea really but she's a super sweet puppy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Okay that explains why I've never heard of a red heeler until this dog.

The pei only got brought up because she kinda has some loose skin (I'm pretty sure it's just puppy skin) but she also has really short, sharp hair that apparently gave the foster mom and vet tech mild skin irritation once and I guess that means shar pei which is a thing I've never heard of but whatever.

She's a sweetheart, just gotta work on her and the cats not being equally shocked and alarmed by the presence of the other

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Friend posted:

Brought home this adorable "South Texas Special" today. We've theorized some big mixture of red heeler, Australia cattle dog, lemon dalmatian, bull terrier, and/or shar pei. No idea really but she's a super sweet puppy.

Finally bit the bullet and got a dna test. Spoilered if anyone wants another chance to take a guess.

My wife had guessed there would be some shar pei based solely on her bristly hair, but we never would've guessed one parent was full-blooded shar pei. No heeler, and only a vague hint of dalmatian, so where did the spots come from?!

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Instant Jellyfish posted:

Black Friday the embarks should get down to $129 for the breed+health test and you can often find the breed only test for as low as $79.

Unless they've fixed it in the last few months, you can add a kit to your cart, and when it says "add another for only $135" add that one and remove the original and you can just buy the discounted one (or multiple discounted ones!)