Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Laiinkyree posted:

Do you think lab/weimaraner mix would do it?

Or lab/vizsla?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

The elusive Ebony Dingo! Awesome dog.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

pookel posted:

Ahhh, cat butts. The best pillows. :shittydog:

This little dude was rescued by Vet Ranch (same guy who does the Demolition Ranch Youtube videos, he's also a vet) and is much healthier than when they found him, but still about 100% derp:

Anyone have an idea on the breed? Surely some interesting kind of mutt.

Clearly a Procrustes Hound

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
A well-dressed dogge.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

this is Esteemed Character Actress Margo Martindale. Her breed is "dog"

Looks just like my neighbor's hound :3:

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Arbor posted:

the 500th person today refused to accept "mutt" as an answer for what my dog is, so i bring my mutt to the mutt thread to share a mutt where mutts are appreciated.

Telling strangers that he is a bag of knives crossed with a maine coon in a poorly made dog suit never seems to fly either, but those are the only honest answers. He is, in fact, a bag of knives. Possibly part dinosaur. Definitely part maine coon. He has more skin than meat. Just. handfuls of skin. Doesnt look like it, but I can get a good two handfuls from his neck with more to spare. doesnt do anything to cushion the knives that are his bones though. Every part of him is pointy. Never in my life have i had more uncomfortable cuddles than with this dog.

Because he will cuddle you. He will put his feet up on the wall and make you pet him as a toll before you can pass by in the house. If youre sitting, he's sitting on you. Anything you're looking at, he's looking at. How nice to have a companion, you might think, except every part of his body is designed to dig into you in the most horrible way imaginable.

its like somebody thought it would be fun to draw only using straight lines. Even the top of his head is pointy.

Its not even a well designed dog suit. I mean, yeah, he looks like the worlds most generic dog, but he has patches of long fur and short fur. Petting him is like looking at Pigpen. Hair just flies off in a cloud around him. And thats just every day even when he's brushed regularly lets not even talk about seasonal blowouts. He's nosy. Wanna clean something? Just kidding he just shoved his head in the way wondering what youre doing. I was hammering a stake out in the yard yesterday and he was sniffing the side of it without flinching at me swinging .... well, a table leg at this plastic stake but look I was too lazy to get the hammer. Also he is noisy. You wanna hear some howling? Sage will howl. and bark. and sometimes bark and howl at the same time. You wanna be lazy and accidentally drop one piece of kibble and have it fall under the fridge and honestly hope a field mouse gets in and removes it so you dont have to? Too bad he smells it and wants it and will sit and stare at the fridge for days until its removed. He's handsy. think youre safe to walk past him because he's sleeping on the couch? nope he will reach out with both paws and grab you.

He thought he could jump high enough to catch a butterfly. He could not. He did not stick the landing, either. Only butterflies are safe.

tl;dr my dog is an awful (great, but awful) dog (but despite all the evidence to the contrary he is, in fact, a dog. Saying mutt isnt acceptable to strangers. Joking that he's a maine coon mix gets me blank stares. Admitting that he's a doberman mix - but is so mixed that its laughable to even say theres a definitive breed in there - is also not acceptable because people dont like dobies either i guess.)

This is an awesome mutt, and he bears his muttitude beautifully. Tell people that he is a little-known breed called a Chillax Hound and see what they say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Gulliver is a happy mutt. Very little training when I got him from a rescue in the end of July, but things are progressing.
He is practicing his mountain goat cosplay.

Turkeys? In my back yard? It's more likely than I thought!

And of course, Gulliver urges everyone to let sleeping dogs lie.