Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terrestrial Octopus
Nov 5, 2008

ThirstyGirl posted:

an adorable mutt

My crazy guess is lab x french bulldog!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrestrial Octopus
Nov 5, 2008
I got a dog! :neckbeard:

We were told he's a Wirehair Daschund X Yorkshire Terrier. Seems likely enough, but neither of those really seem to account for his giant mis-matched ears or his extra-long tail, which he carries in a big curl over his back when he walks (loose curl like an Akita, not a tight curl like a Pug).

PI pacification list ;)
-was adopted from the local shelter
-is already neutered
-is in the process of transitioning from lovely shelter food to Wellness Small Breed
-will be enrolled in the shelter’s next basic obedience class, which starts in ~2 months
-has a 3b/2bath house to roam, and a ¼ acre fenced in yard to play in
-will be visiting the local dog park frequently once he finishes his shots (shelter estimated him at ~10-12 months old, but he’s only just had his first round of vaccines)

Terrestrial Octopus
Nov 5, 2008

kirk3773 posted:

*adorable dog*

I wish I knew what breed he was because people are always asking me. Also he is about 56 lbs at 14 months old so he is a good medium sized dog and enjoys herding other dogs around when playing outside.

Heeler/Border Collie sounds right. Both in size/looks and in the herd-y play habits.

Terrestrial Octopus
Nov 5, 2008

Cultured Snail posted:

We adopted this guy last summer from a shelter calling him an Aussie shep. We think he looks a little more like a Catahoula leopard dog but who knows what else is in there.
*pics*

I vote harlequin Dane x black Lab.

Terrestrial Octopus
Nov 5, 2008

Terrestrial Octopus posted:

I got a dog! :neckbeard:

So its taken me a bit to gather myself, but Arthur-King-of-the-Britons went to live with a new family last week. As it turned out, he suffers from very severe seperation anxiety, and nothing we tried could help him at all. With both my boyfriend and myself working full time, it just wasn't fair for Arthur to spend so much of every weekday miserable. I wish I could've afforded to send him to doggy daycare for the rest of his life, but I can't. So, I found a stay-at-home mom with 3 kids and another young small-breed dog to keep him company; Arthur won't ever have to be alone again.

I know he'll be MUCH better off, but I cried like a baby anyway. The house is just so quiet. :(

Terrestrial Octopus
Nov 5, 2008

SilverThread posted:

Adorable puppy :)

I live in northern FL; Arthur came to us from the local animal shelter as well. He was ~ a year old when we got him, and the seperation anxiety was very firmly established. To the point that he works himself into a panic when left alone even for only a few minutes; vomiting, destroying everything in reach, making these shrill little barks/cries constantly, chewing on crate bars enough to make his mouth bleed... its awful. And yet apparently the shelter knew nothing about it. :rolleyes:

I'd say if your girl is still exhibiting only mild symptoms, you should dig into the research on desensitization/exposure training ASAP, to try to nip it in the bud. Its heartbreaking to try to fix after the fact, and not always possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrestrial Octopus
Nov 5, 2008
^^ I love those pictures. She's trying so hard to stay still so you can get the shot... but her tail is wagging so fast its a complete blur in both pics :3