Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RabbitMage
Nov 20, 2008

Ceridwen posted:

Rusty

Whatever Rusty is, I have the Mini version.

Marlowe came from the county shelter with a litter of his siblings. A few of the volunteers had different stories. I gathered the people who turned them in had a bunch of dogs that lived semi-feral in their backyard, and that one of them had seen Marlowe's mother who looked just like a mini Golden Retriever. I was originally interested in his sister but we didn't click. My friend decided to take him out, and we took him outside the socialize.

The entire litter was scared out of their minds, huddled at the back of their run, watching us with a mix of fear and suspicion. So when we took Marlowe outside, he cowered and tried to hide. Eventually, he got a little more comfortable and made his way over to my lap. And then he licked my arm. :3: In addition to being scared shitless, he was also unvaccinated, unneutered, and had horrible kennel cough. The shelter insisted on holding him, but I think they got sick of me calling every few days to see how he was and eventually offered to let me take him home on a 'foster' contract until he was well enough to be neutered and officially adopted out to me.

When we got him home, he spent the first week almost exclusively in his kennel. If I needed to take him outside, I had to crawl into his kennel and scoop him up. He didn't play with toys, just put them in a pile and hoarded them.

Eventually he started coming out of his kennel, and hid mostly under the table.

These days Marlowe is a (mostly) fully functional 20 pound ball of something. My guess is Corgi and Dachshund and maybe some Chi or Sheltie thrown in. I think he tries to herd sometime, he makes an excellent little livestock guardian, and will bark viciously at anything and everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU