Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poster girl
Jan 24, 2009

Makin Posters - It's a living.
We got Soli from a friend. We know the mom is border collie and wirehair terrier...but she is really compact and brown and black and he turned out nothing like her. The friend said she thought the father might be the sneaky Malamute down the street but I have my doubts... He was the last one left of the litter because no one wanted a fluffy dog. Their loss! He is lovely and only has a undercoat in the winter...doesn't even shed that much (we did get him clipped this summer though).

BTW, he is super freaking smart, quiet mellow and LOVES flyball!

His first day home

A few weeks later, first visit to the beach

A couple of months down the road

A couple of months after that - I like this shot of him because you can see how solid he is and his proportions - he is about 50lbs now as an adult (maybe could afford to lose a couple of those though!)

Early Spring, before the clipping

Soli a couple of weeks ago...coat growing back in (he's also a little wet from swimming)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poster girl
Jan 24, 2009

Silly me, I meant to post this last photo...
Soli now:

and he has dark grey fur under the white fur...no freaking kidding!

poster girl
Jan 24, 2009

LOL that is funny...those are the woods behind Highland, we got Soli in Union Bay. (the other shots are in the woods by crown isle, goose spit, point holmes beach, tribune bay on Hornby Is...

Further on topic: "Thanks! We are completely smitten with Soli"

Scooty Puff Jr. posted:

At first when I saw this picture I was like "That looks familiar" but chalked it up to "Yeah, Pacific Northwest!"

Then I checked your profile and realized that you live in the Comox valley, which is where I grew up. Weird!

On topic: Your dog is incredibly adorable.

poster girl fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Oct 4, 2009

poster girl
Jan 24, 2009

Pittie Shepherd? Maybe? (I am so not an expert at this though) Super cute though, good smile :)

Baggie posted:

I'm rescuing this cute guy on the 19th. He's an Akita mix and I don't and they don't know what he is a mix of, came up with some ideas, but in comparison they got shot down. Was wondering if anyone could shoot a guess.

poster girl
Jan 24, 2009

Samba just joined our family...
We know that she is part border collie...obviously there's way more in there than that!

This is her 'bunny puppy' thing she does right now (she has yet to learn how to run properly_

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1QO7dK_5D0

This one isn't mine but can anyone tell me what kind of dog this is?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l7LbSMA-AA

poster girl
Jan 24, 2009

Kerfuffle posted:

Soli's tail is hilarious. I love how curly is it.

And it's hard to tell with puppies that young, I'd guess a husky or something similar based on coloring?

e: def not a husky based on what google images shows.

he had a straight tail when he was little...it's so weird. We know for sure that he is wirehaired terrier x border collie and there's suspicion that he has a neighbour's sneaky malamute for a father (because he is white and is about double the size of him mum).

Samba we have no idea except there's border collie in there...and apparently some sort of bitey reptile as she just hauled off on my thumb about a minute ago! Ow!

poster girl
Jan 24, 2009

Dead Pikachu posted:

I always thought it was a Keeshond puppy or a fluffy Malamute puppy.

I think Serella has it right with the Euraser (sp?) dog but man alive that is the most laid back dog I have ever seen...did you see the bath part?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poster girl
Jan 24, 2009

Samba is growing up. Soli is her best bud. I still have no clue as to what either are.

Samba

Soli (who is for sure border collie and wirehair terrier but we have no idea who fathered him.

Waiting patiently, sorta