Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

avon_grey
Jan 29, 2009
So, I have two mutts. Well, they live at my parents' house, but I essentially took care of them besides vet bills until I moved out in March, so I still consider them partially mine.

This is Snowball (or Snowy, or Worrier):

The second shot is shaky, because she doesn't like cameras. Most of the shots I have of her are shaky because she doesn't like that thing being pointed at her, so she tries to leap away. Anyway, we're pretty sure she's got some yellow lab in her, as she's sweet and has the coat like one, but she also hates water. If I had a better shot of her, you could also see she's a bit too short to be full-lab. So, the next best guess I had was a Whippet, as they're small and she has somewhat of their build/frame, just with the lab's bulk. She also has the awesome ability to smile, which is cute and adorable and makes you feel loved. She's currently 12 years old, 11 when these pics were taken, though when I walked her no one believed me when I told them how old she is/was. She's far too springy. Her favored activities are: whining when the power goes out or there's a storm coming (which happens a lot in Florida), barking at and chasing squirrels, running about the house like a maniac.

This is Shadow:

Shadow's a 75-pound black lab mixed with some sort of hound dog, possibly a bloodhound. We discovered that she's larger than most labs and bays like a hound dog (after a week of making no noise when we first got her). She's torn both of her back ACLs, so she doesn't move too much now-a-days, but she's still the happiest drat dog you'll ever meet, and the sweetest thing, as well. She once kept a dying squirrel company (it had fallen out of a tree) in our backyard until he finally passed away. And you can call this dog anything except late for dinner. She'd eat pretty much anything if we didn't watch her, even now, and she's a whore for pets... or laying on your feet. She's also dumb as a rock, but that can be overlooked because of her overwhelming cuteness. Shadow is currently 10 years old, nine when the pics were taken. Her current activities include barking at potted plants my mom has moved in the backyard (they're attacking the house!), giving the sad puppy face to my dad so he'll give her scraps of his lunch, and generally enjoying the heck out of my dad being retired at specifically at home to pet her all day.

Here the two of them are together (Shadow's in the background in the bottom left-hand corner):

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU