Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
@Vintimus Prime: Also agreeing that Leia looks malamute in the face. Malamute/collie or GSD maybe? Do you have any more pictures of Leia?

@You Look Adopted: Are you sure he's a mix? It'd be easier to tell if you have a better body shot of him.

Aravenna posted:

Any thoughts on Quaffle being part Anatolian Shepherd?

That last one looks ESPECIALLY like this one of Quaffle:

I think it's possible, and more likely than greyhound. What part of the country do you live in (I promise not to stalk you... except to pet Quaffle)? I've seen a least a couple Anatolians in my city, but I imagine they're more common in more farm-y places.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
I don't know if you know PIer huskyjackal (she doesn't post much anymore), but she's down in Birmingham right now. I'm not really sure why that matters but she's supposed to be getting a ride up to Tennessee soon to get her car out of the impound lot and I just imagined a Diaz/Quaffle playdate would be the cutest thing ever. :allears:

Anyway, to stay on topic, anyone wanna take a stab at guessing what this dog is? GSD/??? I'd estimate he's about 50 lbs.

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
Yeah, my vote is malamute/GSD. Pretty. :3:

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
I have met at least one Kelpie in my area (well, I think it was a Kelpie mix). That dog was obsessed with his soccer ball. :stare:

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
I immediately thought ACD mix too, not sure what else. Love how symmetrical his markings are though. :3:

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
I don't see husky either, I would also say lab/pointer maybe.

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
The "Toto" dog is a Cairn Terrier, and I don't doubt there's some Cairn in that dog. My bet is on Cairn/Yorkie mix. I don't see any drat Bichon.

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
Captain Invictus, yeah I don't see blue eyes. :confused: I see brown irises and light reflecting from the camera flash. But I think there's certainly some Dobie in there, but no mastiff.

Etheldreda, what Instant Jellyfish said. :3:

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
Any ideas on what this mix is? Her ears say GSD to me. She's listed as an Ibizan mix.

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
I don't know why I didn't think pit before, but yeah, that makes sense and is a hell of a lot more likely than Ibizan. :downs:

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.

Captain Foxy posted:

Some combination of pit, cattledog and lab, maybe?

This sounds pretty accurate to me, just based on looks.

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
Okay good, I wasn't the only one seeing shar-pei. Without better pictures of her standing and such, I can't tell much beyond pit/shar-pei.

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
It happens. I've seen at least a handful of shar-pei mutts come through the shelters around here. One looked like someone glued a tiny shar-pei head on a generic brown dog body. :downs: But of course it is entirely possible it's the influence of some other dogs that tend to get wrinkly faces. That second picture just really looks shar-pei-ish to me.

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
I think it looks more BC too, but I think there's definitely something else in there. Unless it's just a weird, chunky BC.

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.

Instant Jellyfish posted:

I definitely can see frenchie in those ears, but mixed with something with a face. Maybe chi or a little terrier or something.

Yeah I'd say Frenchie/chi is a good guess.

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
She is a purebread Happy Buttwiggler. :3: It's kinda hard to tell with just that pic, but I'm inclined to agree with Ishkibibble.

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
The DNA tests are largely crap. There's a video somewhere of a lady doing one on her purebred pit (or maybe amstaff, don't remember), and the results came up border collie. Because the dog was black and white and they only test for so many breeds, so if your dog's a breed that's not on the list you're SOL.

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
That tail is a German Shepherd tail, the rest is probably a lot of Lab, though those ears do look like there might possibly be something else in there. Probably not Akita though.

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
A fellow goon recently acquired a new dog (the previous owner was a douchebag who forced his wife to get rid of him because he would destroy the blinds when they were gone). I was curious about his makeup. Speculations include a mix of chocolate lab, pointer, dane, pit, weim? Who knows. He's 70 lbs.

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
There seems to definitely be some boxer in there. She looks a bit brindle, which is not a lab color, so I vote for boxer/pit. If you ever rent an apartment or get homeowner's insurance, though, keep telling them boxer/lab like the vet said (and make sure that's what the vet put on her papers).

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
I see bits of Golden in that face and tail, so my vote is for Golden/Sheltie mix.

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
Pits can develop dog-aggression, but good ones will never show aggression to people (dog-aggression and human-aggression are completely separate drives). Some pits are fine with other dogs, and thanks to crazy breeding they can vary a bit in size.

what I'm saying is congrats on your new pit

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
It's entirely possible she could have a little bit of something else in there, but like TVs Ian said, it's hidden by the pit. Considering pits make up the most dogs in shelters, it's crazy common to find them there. Good luck, she's quite handsome. :)

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.

Bear Rape posted:

You might want to read the training thread.

Or he should at least just read this. Pretty good info.

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.

Instant Jellyfish posted:

That is a corgi face if I've ever seen one! Reminds me of my parent's pembroke. I'd guess pem/pom.

In the first pic the face/ear tufts look really Sheltie, but in the second it does look a bit more Corgi. But it still has a petite-ness to it. So I say all three. :colbert:

Skizzles fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Jul 19, 2012

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
Her markings are Merle, not ticked like a cattle dog's. I say Australian shepherd/pit bull mix. Super cute. :3:

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
I'm seeing Jack Russell/pug too, honestly. His face is much more smooshed than a JRT's. His eyes have a pug-ish-ness to them also, just not all bug-eyed. But definitely a lot of JRT showing.

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
juggles :shepicide:

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
I see some pittie in that face as well. Pit/cattle dog/???

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
It's hard to tell from just that one picture, but it looks like Flynn has some Border Collie or Australian Shepherd in him maybe? It would explain the energy.

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
I see pit mix, not much else. Adorable how she dotes on your daughter. :3:

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
That first picture made me think Aussie mix.

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
It's on the small side for Aussies, but since it's a mix--nevermind I just saw a life less' post. :downs: I say go with that, some kind of herder mix, maybe all the herding breeds are in there, who knows.

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
I thought there was some spaniel in there too, but I can also see Aussie.

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
Australian Shepherds are herders, yes. Very smart dogs.

I vote Aussie/Dachshund/Spaniel. :buddy:

edit: This is why we say Aussie, btw.

kaiger posted:

We're not sure what they are breed-wise, but we think they have chow because of the purple tongues. We were toying with the idea of DNA tests, but in the end it doesn't matter what they are. They are the sweetest dogs and very well behaved and I can't wait to see them when I get home.

Purple tongues are not unique to Chows, actually. They can show up in a variety of breeds. I'd say your dogs are some sort of typical Lab or Flat-coated Retriever mixes. Also, the DNA tests are largely a load of utter crap, so save your money and enjoy your dags. :3:

Skizzles fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Aug 9, 2012

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.

The Big Jesus posted:

It makes sense, but we were expecting some sort of Aussie (because of the brindle coat). He's got a Chow tongue.

I'm not sure Aussies even come in brindle (help me out here, Aussie people). I think you're thinking of merle. But yes your dog is brindle.

And I said this just a few posts ago right up the page that purple tongues are not unique to Chows, they can show up in several breeds. I think I'm going to have to rank this as the #1 most popular dog myth. I don't know why I even try anymore, everyone must think I'm retarded to get my panties in a bunch over it all the time. :downs:

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
I just see boxer/pit. I can see how that tail would give someone the whippet impression though.

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.

sporktastic posted:

This is my dog Chester.

Does anyone else see some Akita in there?

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
Hahahaha what. merle cattle dogs~

I like how this person apparently did not apparently have a proofreader.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
It's really hard to tell since I'm on my phone, especially from that one picture, but I dunno about Corgi/chi.

I just wanted to mention it's a myth that tug will encourage aggressiveness. You should teach her a good "drop it" or "give" before playing, but when played with boundaries, tug is a great game.