Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

huskyjackal
Mar 17, 2009

*peek*
This was when I first got her. I volunteered at a local shelter but didn't see any dogs that clicked and decided to putz around Petfinder. She was only an hour and a half away so I went to check her out and as I was contemplating the adoption a family came in to look at her.. I signed the adoption papers behind the family's back and took her home a week later after she was spayed. This was in 2005. They say she's a husky/Australian shepherd mix, but some people say she looks more Catahoula Leopard Dog than Aussie.. beats me, she's AWESOMEDOG for all I care.
(btw self hosted)

She taught me a lot about puppy proofing things and cost me a lot of emergency vet visits in something like a 2 month span. She ate part of my Monty Python DVD..plus a bottle of mixed OTC pain meds which cost a charcoal stomach pump and had lots of charcoal-y shits for a few days.

She still acts like a puppy and tops at about 40lbs but that's OK because she rocks.

She had an extraordinarily expensive venomous snakebite incident earlier this year putting me almost $1500 in debt to a friend's dad that graciously covered the $730 E-vet cost and extra vet costs that my paychecks couldn't cover in such a short span. That man is amazing. Thankfully she recovered with a small scar on her back leg but at the time it was grossly swollen (like putting an obese dog's leg on her body) and I was freaking out.

Now she's back to being stupid and awesome. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

huskyjackal
Mar 17, 2009

*peek*
Wanted to share a few I found sitting around..
Huxley the Golden Retriever mix giving his owner a high-5. :3

And one of me looking really offended because Huxley didn't wanna give me kisses. :< (god I'm a mess, but eh, re-dyed my hair today so yay!)

Oh wow...this was taken a month after I had adopted my auskie Diaz...July of 2005 here, drat I feel old.

huskyjackal
Mar 17, 2009

*peek*

Cultured Snail posted:

We adopted this guy last summer from a shelter calling him an Aussie shep. We think he looks a little more like a Catahoula leopard dog but who knows what else is in there.

Click here for the full 705x677 image.

Parkerpuppy! <3

More of my husky/Aussie mix...she made a new friend with a 4 month old pit puppy (the owner said "it's a brindle pit!" when I asked what breed so.. yeah... I don't have much hope there, but he is a very sweet puppy, here's to hoping the owner neuters soon because in this city he'll get stolen as a breeder/bait/fight dog if she turns her back. Someone already offered her $500 for the dog, yeesh. Stay classy, Birmingham.).

huskyjackal
Mar 17, 2009

*peek*

Heknocentric Thinker posted:

This is Sparky, our new dog, adopted just yesterday.

Gasp, such pretty eyes! Congrats on your new addition. <3

BeerGod I love the markings on that pittie... SOOO pretty...

huskyjackal
Mar 17, 2009

*peek*

Lixer posted:

Here's my new pup!

I hope this dog brays like a Basset, that noise is so cute (in small amounts!).

huskyjackal
Mar 17, 2009

*peek*

Skizzles posted:

I don't know if you know PIer huskyjackal (she doesn't post much anymore), but she's down in Birmingham right now. I'm not really sure why that matters but she's supposed to be getting a ride up to Tennessee soon to get her car out of the impound lot and I just imagined a Diaz/Quaffle playdate would be the cutest thing ever. :allears:
Son of a... I JUST GOT HOME. >:C I can stay with my friend in Huntsville, depending on how close you are to there, or I have a friend in Jasper but that's kind of..less North Ala and more.. Butthole of Ala.

Agreed, a Quaffle/Diaz [aka Deezy, so does that make it.. Queezy??] playdate on my way down to the Drrty Souf is in order. :colbert:
Probably a lot of this, obviously the Boxer is a stand-in for Quaffle there.

huskyjackal
Mar 17, 2009

*peek*

Aravenna posted:

The streaking isn't an injury or anything because I took the picture below in March, and I just checked that streaked nail on his right front foot (second from the outside, it's black on one side and white on the other) and it's exactly the same still.

Oo! My Diaz has streaky bi-color nails on 2 of her legs, the left side of her body. :3 I love streaky nails so much, it's the main reason I don't paint hers because I like it so much (yeah, I'd totally paint her nails to match mine).

_basking_ by sabarika, on Flickr

And HOLY loving poo poo I WANT THIS DOG STAT LIKE YESTERDAY, I'm serious as a heart attack gently caress what my boyfriend says this is the ultimate dog. :aaaaa: If you get this dog PLEASE LET ME VISIT YOU AND LOVE ON IT. Those eyes..I loving love black dogs with bright moon eyes. Hot drat.

huskyjackal fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Nov 8, 2012

huskyjackal
Mar 17, 2009

*peek*

Aravenna posted:

Since I am in Huntsville one day Diaz and Quaffle should have a meeting of the Cool Streaky Nailed Dog Club. And then we will all paint our nails.
OMFG my buddy lives in Huntsville! I lived with him for like 2 months in 2010. He used to work at the Olive Garden but I think he's renting his house and living in Birmingham with my boyfriend now running a restaurant. We totes should meet up, I'm actually moving down very soon (I hope) and Huntsville isn't TOO far out of the way...only problem is I totaled my car last month. So..yeah. We'll figure it out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

huskyjackal
Mar 17, 2009

*peek*
WUT quit CLONIN' MAH DOG PEOPLE

She's MINE. :mad:

http://photogallery.wisdompanel.com/photos/profile/7361.html#formMessage

:C I would love to see Diaz's results. This particular Diaz-clone is part Husky and part... wait... Rhodesian Ridgeback. That's way cooler than Aussie or Catahoula, guys.

Want to have fun guessing? My fiancé pulled an idiot move and when the dog I had pointed out to him on Petfinder to go adopt was no longer at the shelter he went with the first "cool eyed biggish dog that 'rolled on its back for belly rubs!'" he found... sadly the dog and he did not agree on many levels and was not kept, but wow. Destroyer of ALL THINGS and constant escaping or escape attempts every day. Somehow wedged himself under the 6" raised garage door while my bf was asleep.
Either way he was listed as Australian Shepherd mix but.... he had the thickest fluffiest fullest coat I've ever seen and although "he hasn't really shed much at all!" I wanted to say he was something else in there. Supposedly about 60-70lb. Chill, but didn't bond with ANYONE at the house and was just.. going through tire toys and all other toys fast as can be. My dog's octopus Kong thing was shredded within half an hour and Diaz had played with that for years. :C
Only thing that made me real mad was he agreed we'd both pick the dog since I'm moving back and he also said he wanted THIS, specifically: no long haired/majorly full-coated dogs, 'cool' 'neat looking/striking' or 'blue' eyes, something maybe 30-50lb or larger, he wanted it to have "the Diaz durp" (whatever that is, pfthth) and at least somewhat smart or hinted at intelligence. Basically he really just wants another Diaz but I found him some amazing matches on PetFinder local to him but nope, impulsivity-AWAY! Either way here are some pics of the dog while he had it:

(his dad is maybe 5'9-5'11?)