Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pienipple
Mar 20, 2009

That's wrong!

Whispering Machines posted:

Aussie Shepherd and something big, Akita or Chow maybe? Looks like a monstrous, fluffy, red and tan aussie to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pienipple
Mar 20, 2009

That's wrong!

Ginny Field posted:

This is Fred:

According to our vet, he's some kind of Jack Russell mix. He's got wildly crooked teeth and a pretty severe underbite, but he's without a doubt the cutest and sweetest dog I've ever had.

Pekignese maybe? My aunt has a cocker/peke mix that looks like a cocker spaniel with a bad underbite and a sweet mushy peke personality.

pienipple
Mar 20, 2009

That's wrong!

pik_d posted:

Apologies if this is a purebreed that I just don't know about, but can anyone help identify what this might be?

Lab/Shepherd maybe? It's hard to tell with puppies, they're all the same shape at that age.

pienipple
Mar 20, 2009

That's wrong!

Wide Area Network posted:

Not so little puppy update:

This was Wally when I rescued him (@ 8 weeks):

This is Wally today (@ 7 months) (just ignore the laser beam eyes...he only uses them to force me to give him treats):

Aside from Brown Dog, which I am totally happy with, can anyone hazard a guess?

I'd say there's probable pit and shepherd influences but he's mostly mutt. With enough generations of randomly bred mutts you tend to end up with medium sized yellow or brown dogs with stick up ears and a short coat.