Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Adopted this brindle beauty yesterday. Technically she's on a trial/few day long sleepover sorta thing from the SPCA, but I feel bonded already.

She looks shepherdy, pitbulls and boxers are super common down here in NOLA, so those are the likely source of her brindle. Beyond that I have no clue what she could be. She's super sweet and friendly already, if a bit untrained. Importantly she's housebroken. Just need to introduce her to my housemate's Chihuahua. They met in passing yesterday and it wasn't as good as I could hope for. She was holding him, so he was prob a bit more territorial than normal. He growled a bit and barked. She was very interested and did a few kinda quiet, excited barks. Walked her out of there and to my room. She wasn't straining at the leash to get to him, so I'll take that as a good sign. Gonna slowly introduce them via supervised walks and just the general smell and sounds of another dog in the house.

The biggest downside is that she is heartworm positive. So she'll need treatment to deal with that, but the SPCA will provide that for me. I assume I'll be paying for it, but it's no biggie. I got me a best friend now!

dog nougat fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Feb 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Yeah. It's def a point of contention. She has a habit of rewarding what I'd call bad or undesirable behavior. I walked my as of yet unnamed pooch the approx 7 miles from the SPCA. No issues besides pulling at the leash pretty much the entire time. She encountered some small yappers behind a fence. Was interested briefly, but then decided they were boring. Where I live has feral chickens, so there are gangs of them roaming around out here. She was REAL interested in them. She's already managed to destroy/eviscerate one toy, but didn't eat the polyfill. Luckily she really loves her kong.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
So, named my dog Maybellene, and she's photogenic af.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Today is Maybellene and my 6 month anniversary. Gonna have a candlelit dinner with her.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Maybellene's lookin all cute n sassy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

EVG posted:

What dog is in that dog?

Adorable. :colbert:

Best guess is Dutch Shepherd, and mystery dog. Her coat is full brindle like a Dutch shepherd, but no shagginess like shepherds tend to have. She has a curled tail and a spotted tongue, so not really sure.