Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon
Crossposting from another dog thread, since I just found this one. I thought I should at least once pay some dog tax.

Both of these rescued special needs Good Boys crossed the bridge some years ago, but while they were with us, they were the most loved dogs in the world.* I probably won't be able to get another dog for a while yet, but someday...

Apollo

He was probably a golden-sheltie mix, although he found toys to be very puzzling and alien objects. He had severe digestive issues from whatever his previous situation was. (The rescue didn't know for sure - he'd been brought in from a kill shelter a long way away.) He loved everybody at all times. He ran like the wind, and considered it his job to herd the cats. Oddly enough, the cats permitted this.

Scout

The rescue thought he was mostly Norwegian Elkhound, although our vet said "that's a keeshond." He had lung damage from untreated heartworm before the rescue got him. His personality was pure elkhound: loyal, loving, fiercely protective of his chosen person, would dive headfirst into any snowdrift he saw, and he danced in front of anything remotely elk-shaped (including bicycles).

*Every dog here is the most loved dog in the world, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU