Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Little_Dead_Pets posted:

It's been too long since we've had a good mutts thread! :dance:

This is Vinnie, my folks' recently adopted setter/pointer/something and some of his friends.

This whole sequence of pictures is absolutely incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

ThirstyGirl posted:

Relaxing in the sand:

We've gotten so many guesses as to what he's a mix of including lab, pit bull, chow, and akita. The giant ears are the biggest mystery, some people say shepherd but his ears are very rounded, like a corgi-although of course he looks nothing like a corgi. :)

He appears to be part Bulldozer

Seriously the dog is built like a tank in that last pic, he would be fun to wrestle.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

badnoodle posted:

The pit factor is what makes me leery of taking the plunge. Not because I have any aversion to pibbles, but my bastard HOA and homeowner's insurance have unkind things to say about pits, staffies, GSDs, rotties, dobies, chows, or "Obvious mixes of the aforementioned breeds".

That's why he is listed as a "lab mix". He's therefore a lab mix, nothing to worry about, no speculating, sounds like a great fit for your HOA and no reason to dig deeper! =]

Hey you're just following instructions and listening to the people who should know (whatever organization gave you the dog to foster). Nothing else to it.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Whispering Machines posted:

Although this dog belongs to my best friends family (if its not okay to post this I'll remove it), it's pretty much exactly what I love in a dog (huuuuge, fluffy and friendly) I thought I'd share Hunter. He's 4-5mo old, is about as tall as me when he put his paws on my shoulders (I'm 5'7" and yes I told him to get down).

I'm thinking bear x moose.

I think they might have the dna thingy that tells what he actually is, but I'm thinking maaaybe part duck tolling retriever? He's sort of got the markings and fluffy tail and head shape. His tail does curl up like a husky, which my friend thinks he has in him. If I find out for sure what he is, I'll let you guys know :) And he has crimped looking fur around his ears and butt :3:

THIS DOG IS AWESOME HOLY poo poo

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

I Love You! posted:

THIS DOG IS AWESOME HOLY poo poo

Seriously i would stop my car to get out and play with this dog if i saw him being walked, i am dead serious

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Caffeine Samurai posted:

This is Momo, my wife and I have no idea what she is besides the best dog ever.

Giant Bat mix.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

anachrodragon posted:

Wow she does have Corgi-ish ears, and they can have markings very much like that too. For an example, here's our Cardigan Corgi. Our girl is black and white, but they come in tri-color too.

Edit: I'm going to guess Corgi, Smooth Collie, maybe some GSD or other herding breed.

I do not believe that is a mutt ITT :colbert:

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

anachrodragon posted:

What are you talking about? She's obviously a Border Collie/Dachshund mix. :colbert:

(seriously, people have stopped me on the street and asked this)

Her BC pattern and nose spots make me giggle every time, it's like someone slapped 'em down on the first dog they saw and just went, "ah gently caress it".

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

mich posted:

Tugboat had some particularly ridiculous drool strands the other day.

The hanging one got even longer by the time I finished making her sit there for pictures.

hahahahah yesssssssss

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Little_Dead_Pets posted:

More Vinnie & co. Vin's tail has unraveled so much in the past few months. When my folks first adopted him, his tail was just this long, ratty thing and people would always comment "a shame it's too late to dock him, his tail's pretty fugly"....... But as you can see it has developed quite nicely :h:

Vinnie seems to be friends with a number of very large, very awesome dogs. He is also clearly an Action Dog.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Baggie posted:

I'm rescuing this cute guy on the 19th. He's an Akita mix and I don't and they don't know what he is a mix of, came up with some ideas, but in comparison they got shot down. Was wondering if anyone could shoot a guess.

fukkin' dog's got serious Hippo Head and a massive chest, would be suprised if no pit in him but the coat etc. don't look it at all.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Longpig posted:

This is my sister's dog, Jola, found under a bush as a tiny puppy. Any guesses? When people ask what kind of dog she is now we mostly just say 'the brown kind'.

She is the one in front, the other dog is a black-mouthed cur friend, Mr. Darcy.

looks like a purebred Greater American Browndog to me

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Skizzles posted:

It is his Favorite Thing Ever. :3: I have it framed by my bed.

That is not your dog that is a picture of a bear

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Instant Jellyfish posted:

Major is the same way about hugs and lap sitting. He is somehow entirely made of elbows so his lap sitting can be horribly painful but he loves it so much. He pretty much is only allowed to do it at the vet's office so he really loves going there now. All the techs let him have some lap time. His hugs are much more gentle. He either mashes his face into your chest and sighs or puts his head on your shoulder. It's very sweet :3:

This is the picture that I saw on the rescue's website that made me go "welp, gonna get that dog".

You are a fool for not allowing this dog to sit in laps all day err day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Terboh posted:

This is Gypsy! When we picked her up, the girl said she was collie/shepherd. Our best guess is border collie and german shepherd, but it's kinda hard to tell. We "rescued" her at about 6 months old over craigslist, from a somewhat negligent parent.

Kinda crappy photo, but this is what we missed out on when she was a puppy

Shortly after we got her home!

We tried kennel training, until she almost broke her nose trying to escape when we were out, and also did this. She used to have pretty bad separation anxiety. :(

About a year and a half old:

Not sure if this expression is liking or disliking being wet...

She goes apeshit in the snow.

She's taking "sit pretty" a little bit too far.

Hey, late to the party but holy poo poo your dog is adorable and awesome