Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Innocuous
Mar 1, 2003

It's a strange world.

Mutts are the best

Maia:

Top two are old pictures from when I first brought her home, bottom two are more recent cellphone shots.

She's some sort of shepherd mutt but I'm at a loss to guess any breeds beyond that. I adopted her from the Delaware Humane Association about two and a half years ago, whereupon her vet ballparked her age at 18 months, so I'd guess she's now about four.

She's about 40 pounds, has a very soft coat that sheds nonstop, and is lightning fast.

Maia story: the other day I was studying and trying to ignore a fly that kept buzzing around but was way too fast for me to swat. Eventually, it made the mistake of buzzing Maia, who sprung to her feet, focused on the fly with laserlike precision, chased it down the hall and pounced on it in midair, snatching it up in her mouth and devouring it. No more fly distractions. :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Innocuous
Mar 1, 2003

It's a strange world.

dimwitf posted:

When we got Bailey, he was only barely bigger than Lucy, my sister's Jack Russell:

Your dog may have been the cutest puppy ever.

Innocuous
Mar 1, 2003

It's a strange world.

Mak0rz posted:

Here is my sister's dog, Daisy. We don't know what she is, but we strongly suspect that she is at least part German Shepherd. There are no puppy pictures as sis got her from a shelter when she was fully grown. Daisy is a very pleasant and playful dog and easily grows fond of anyone that isn't a mailman or newspaper boy. :3:

Daisy has this weird quirk about ice. Her favorite treat, believe it or not, are ice cubes. She goes absolutely nuts for them. My sister saves a ton of money on doggie treats because of this. Mind you, she still buys some proper dog snacks too.

She seems to like the camera.

Enjoying the sea breeze while boating.

Tuckered out now, after a day on the ocean water.

Don't worry, she was wearing a life jacket while we were mobile! See?

It was a hot day, so we would take the jacket off whenever we weren't moving and give her a piece of fresh ice berg ice that we picked up nearby as a nice cool snack :)

She reminds me of my shepherd mutt, especially the ears. :3: