Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

Any idea what this girly is? Her mom and dad were supposedly both puggles but eh? A friend is hopefully adopting her.

I am guessing there is Boston in there, myself. She is small, 30 lbs maybe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

Sup black and white puppy buddy. Ivy is a puggle mix, 9 weeks. There are a couple brindle sibs, so I am guessing Boston Terrier somewhere in there?

HungryMedusa fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Aug 18, 2017

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

fuzzy_logic posted:

^^^^^ that sure is a dog!

oh my godddddddddd

Yeah, she is cute and knows it. She has some gremlin or Tasmanian devil in there, not sure which.

We took her to the vet today. This is a new vet to us - we moved in the last 5 years- and I bring my older dog to her vet who is farther away. The new vet quoted $600 for a spay but it becomes much less if you do their "wellness plan" that includes the spay plus all vacs and other services for a year for $70 a month. It seems scammy; should we go back to our old vet? I really liked the personnel at new vet and the convenience but the spay price and plan stuff is making me wary. It is an independent office and not a Banfield or anything like that either.

Anyhoo, puppy pics:

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

evil_bunnY posted:

The wellness thing is because for a business, steady but less profitable work is *way* more interesting to get since it makes (financial) planning that much easier. It's also easier for customers without health insurance for their pets. If there's no bullshit padding on the plan I'd definitely do that.

It doesn't seem like there is anything too wacky included and yesterday;s visit would count towards the total at $160. I will probably go ahead with them, thanks.

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

Dennis McClaren posted:

I just paid $65 for spay, $10 for rabies, and all the vacc's etc couldn't have been more than another $60. So I paid maybe $150 total for the full total new puppy treatment at the San Antonio Humane Society.
Maybe if you're just concerned about the initial spay, vacc's, etc. you should check out your local humane society's prices? And then maybe visit your local vet down the line for normal vet visits.

This isn't a bad idea, but I don't mind paying actual vet costs to a regular vet and saving the cheaper resources at the Humane Society for animals that might need it more than my dog. I just don't want to be ripped off.

I'm sill weighing options. Our old vet is cheaper, but maybe not much when you add in the other crap in the wellness plan.

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

Painful Dart Bomb posted:

Ollie the repuplican :911:

The SPCA said he's a husky mix...of what, I have no idea.

Ollie is adorable. I see golden retriever in there.

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

I know exactly what this is. This is cute and this is trouble.

E: The mutts look so happy! :3:

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

It's true. We adopted my first best dog ever from a shelter and changed his name from Barney to Rocky. Rocky was a very good dog, and when you called him and he didn't come, you could tell he was ignoring you because squirrels or smells and not because he didn't recognize what we called him.

Congrats on the chill and handsome dog. I love the pink spot in the middle of his nose :3:

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

Bailey looks like a very sweet dog.

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

Instant Jellyfish posted:

So if you do Embark dna testing they make a little quiz now so other people can guess what breeds your mutt is.

Here's Major's quiz.

I did a wisdom panel 7 years ago but I really liked the embark better with all the cool genetic info it gives.

Fun, I got them all right! :3:

Major is a really cool looking dog. Were the wisdom panel and embark results dramatically different? My daughter really wants a test for our jerk pup, but I am not sure I want to go for the more expensive one because it would really be just for fun.

For Ivy, we were told "second generation puggle" but she is obviously other things. Mom and dad both had a puggle-ish body type with Boston coloration. The grandpa looked like a puggle but bigger - probably 45 pounds. This was an accidental litter and I am almost sure her parents were siblings. It was a less than ideal situation for sure.

I think there is maybe Boston terrier, pit bull, or boxer in there because she has some brindle coloration. Her mom is a lot more brindle and her litter mates looked like her but brindle. She had a sibling that was white and gray which points me back to the pit bull possibility.

She is part beagle for sure, she has a very beagle personality.

This is mom:

Anyway, I love this jerk. She is incredibly selfish but she can be sweet when she wants to. She knows she is adorable, and I fall for it constantly. A good friend adopted the mom, so we will have her here for New Years along with her corresponding human who happens to be my daughter's age. It has all turned out well, I just wonder what this pup actually is.

HungryMedusa fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Dec 25, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

Yeah, we had to get one of her lower canines removed because it was hitting her palate and making an indentation which the vet thought would eventually break through. She has an extreme overbite.

Get your dogs spayed and neutered, folks!