Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
We rescued two dogs about eight years ago. One is, according to the shelter, a supposed Border Collie/Lab mix, the other is, and this I have my doubts on, a Bull Mastiff/Doberman mix. The Doberman/Mastiff mix is named Rosie. Someone found her in a plastic bag floating in a river. She's the dumbest dog in the world, repeatedly chasing her tail at top spin until she goes headfirst into a wall, she's like Odie. But she's cute as a button.

Click for big on all the pictures:

She'll always come sniff the camera if you get close.

And her ears are super expressive. I was holding a treat, here.

Any opinions on her parents? She's far too small, only 60 pounds or so, to be a Mastiff. That said, she is far and away the strongest dog I've ever seen. Solid, wiry muscle, and fast as a greyhound. As well, in those pictures she is 8 years old.

edit: to put it in perspective, she's strong enough that even as a tiny puppy, she was able to climb a vertical criss-cross pattern 4-foot childproof gate dozens of times to escape.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 23:32 on May 13, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I suggest naming her Ellie. Plus, Ellie is a really easy name to yell at the top of your voice.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Skizzles posted:

Captain Invictus, yeah I don't see blue eyes. :confused: I see brown irises and light reflecting from the camera flash. But I think there's certainly some Dobie in there, but no mastiff.
Yeah, my mistake. Every single picture I have of her shows that blueness so I assumed her eyes are blue, going up to her(and doing my best to hold her still to get a good look) I see her eyes are brown.

Etheldreda posted:

The terrible thing here is that I think Ellie is a great name but I have always thought if I ever have a daughter, I want to name HER Ellie. So I can't use it for a dog :( (even though I'm single and turning into a crazy pet person so will likely be a spinster with 80 cats, etc).

Wow, that's a hell of a coincidence that I picked that name!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
meet rosie, we rescued her as a very young puppy from a shelter. her mom was a doberman and her dad was a bull mastiff, but she doesn't really look the part.

these three pics are oooold, like well over a decade old, of when she was a spry young thing who would regularly just casually leap over the 5-foot-tall fence in the back yard and go on romps around the neighborhood. Just a solid bundle of muscle she was, incredibly fast, able to jump up to shoulder height, and beds? more like shreds.

some photos I just took of her when I got home from work today, I don't know how she knew I was there, she's getting pretty hard of sight and hearing. but she could sense I wanted to take a picture of her sleeping and wouldn't have it, she wouldn't sit still for a good photo. the second one makes her look HUGE even though she's just a mere 50lb thing.

she's a highly energetic 18-year-old. just yesterday she went on one of her romps, running out of the big gap in the now-mostly-dismantled fence in the backyard that she has long lost interest in escaping from, and going on a wild adventure to...the front door. just to say she could, I suppose.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
that's an amazing mixed coat pattern result of whatever breeds she is, if nothing else!